29.

Jin huffs a little, washing the left over dishes in the sink. Being a home economics student had its perks, but then again, it also doesn't. Like when all of the dishes were left for him to clean up after school hours. But over time of being a lonesome cooking student, Jin had grown to enjoy cleaning up after hours. It'd become kind of therapeutic, a way to let his hair down and take his own time in doing something.

Especially since life had always seemed to feel so rushed and left undone, Jin sort of enjoyed his own time.

Soft music playing in the background, the pink haired male wipes his wet hands on his just as pink apron that he had brought in specially from home. He liked to feel more at home when being in surroundings that just didn't resemble his own kitchen. And he would do that buy bringing in things like: specific utensils, aprons or using special made recipes that his grandmother had taught him when he was young.

And just like that, Jin would fall into his comforted zone. Truth be told, he didn't like cooking at first. He hated it when he was young. His grandmother would hold him by the ear and tell him to watch very carefully. She was disappointed that her daughter had given her a grandchild that was a boy; she accepted her fate and decided that a boy was better than no grandchild.

He didn't know how close he'd hold those memories of growing up and cooking with his grandmother until she had gone. And everytime he'd smell those aromas, or look at the finished product he's made, he'd suddenly be in his grandmother's kitchen all over again – just like when he was a child. Memories like that were true gems.

No one knew that of Jin. No one but of course, Namjoon. Thinking back on it, Jin was an idiot for confiding in a boy like that. But he truly believed that Namjoon had given him a love. A love that he hadn't felt since his grandmother's death.

Jin relaxes to the gentle melody of the song that was playing in the back. He hadn't intented to play such a song, but now that Jin had listened to it, he just couldn't stop. And after the fourth time, he probably knew all of the lyrics by heart.

feel my feet above the ground,

the first time that you touched me,

the mystery of love,

Jin had started to sing, not loudly, he didn't want to hear his own voice over the music. Finally being done with the dishes, Jin turns off the water, sighing loudly, looking at the cloudy sky with sadness. On days like these, cloudy and gloomy, it was so hard to keep spirits up. Jin couldn't help but feel for the sky. Always being so dull, void of colour.

Jin basks in the little peace and quiet that he does have for a little longer.

"The teachers need this room. So you have to leave."

The pink haired male instantly recognises the voice that speaks out to him. Smooth and deep. Namjoon.

Who else could it have been?

Jin turns around, clearly annoyed that his peace and quiet had been ruined, "there's another room. Can't they use that one?"

"No."

And just like that, the two were back a year ago. When their relationship had just started. The whole reason why they had even begun to crush on each other.

Déjà vu had hit them like a truck on fire, and to Jin, it just felt so bittersweet.

Namjoon steps forward, heart in his hand, "you need to leave. The teachers need this room." Jin turns away with a gasp, fingers tingling. Unknown wonder tingling down his spine as he holds on to the edge of the countertop, facing away from Namjoon.