𝟒𝟗 - 𝐀𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞. 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧.

TRIGGER WARNING: A lot of violence in this chapter, if you are sensitive to physical/verbal abuse then take caution!

My head crashed against the metal of the torture table once again as my cheek took the impact of the punch.

Another jab hit my already bruised eye,

then a blow into my ribs,

a shot hooked up into my chin,

a slap pummelled across my face,

and just for good measure, a boot smashed my hip and I swear I felt something pop.

"Anakin please" I whined as he repeatedly hit me, over and over with no care in the world "PLEASE. I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE"

His hand gripped round my throat. My eyes opened only slightly through the puffiness and blood. His hair stuck to his sweat-beaded forehead, he grit his teeth as my air was cut off. His eyes filled with rage .

So this was how I would die, at the hands of the love of my life.

If it was going to be my last moments, I wasn't going to waste them.

I croaked and stuttered but managed to just get out the words out "I love you"

Maybe for a split-second I saw him flinch, I saw a flash of Anakin but yet, it was quickly killed again by his grunt of hatred as my consciousness started to slip away.

My hands scraped against his, his hands.

The very same hands that would cup my face as he kissed me or would stroke my back in the mornings, the same hand that still accommodated his wedding ring.

"Enough" Palpatine ordered.

Anakin immediately loosened his grip and as he pulled his hand away, I found the perfect opportunity to slip the ring off his finger and stuff it into my pocket without him realising.

I was going to get my Anakin back. I was just going to have to take care of the ring before he would have the chance to destroy it.

"We can't kill her now, no a quick death would be much too kind" Palpatine sneered as Anakin stepped beside him, both of them observed my now brusied and battered, frail body as I panted for air.

"Take her to the cell" Anakin ordered one of the guards.

"Please, I can't, I can't. Where's my husband, what have you done with him?!" I moaned still in a dazed state, tears mixing with the blodd streaming down my face.

"YOU'RE HUSBAND IS GONE" the emperor bellowed "henceforth...he shall be known as...

Darth Vader"

DARTH WHAT?

My restraints opened and I peeled off the table onto the floor.

Rough hands lifted me by my wrists and dragged me on my back across the floor.

I kept my eyes glued to...Anakin's...Darth Vaders? who stared right back into mine before the doors suddenly shut.

Was this really happening?

Maybe it was all just a bad dream I was about to wake up from...any second now, I would wake up in our bed back in Coruscant, enveloped in his arms.

But it seemed however hard I tried, I wasn't waking up from this nightmare.

I was pulled across grated floors and thrown into a bright white cell, a big contrast compared to the rest of this dark, miserbale place.

I didn't have the strength to try and escape before the steel doors bolted shut, sealing my fate.