𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐋𝐚𝐦𝐞

Pairing: Tubbo + Reader
Warnings: Bullying
Pronouns: They/them

----------

Why did they even sit with these people?

These people did nothing but talk bad about Tubbo behind his back without him even realising. It was horrible. Not only having to endure the awful things that they commented on, but to hear the inaccuracy of everything that they had tried to say. Along with their hatred for these people, they were getting second-hand embarrassment.

(Y/n) was in college and every break they'd have for lunch, they'd sit with these idiots. They weren't exactly friends. They was merely acquaintances with one of them and just decided to sit with them at the beginning of the year because they were lonely. This was before they realised how mean they were.

You know when the school year starts and you don't happen to have any friends so you run to anybody who gives you the slightest amount of attention? Yeah, that's what happened with (Y/n). When they saw how lonely (Y/n) was, they were really friendly to them and just invited them to sit with their group. Eventually, it became a daily thing until (Y/n) wasn't able to leave their little 'clique' because, not only would they feel bad, but also because they just felt like it wasn't the right thing to do. But now they realised that they were really just trapped in their social circle.

They sat there with their cheek pressed against the palm of their hand as they listened to them gossip once more, their high-pitched laughters sending shivers right down their spine. Their nose was scrunched in the slightest bit of disgust as they pretended to scroll through something on their phone, trying their best to ignore them.

"Nah, have you actually seen his hoodies?" One of the boys snorted. "He actually sells clothes and thinks that people would buy them."

"Oh yeah, I've seen them on that stupid merch website!" A girl cackled at his comment. "He sells ukuleles too."

"Fucking nerd." They chortled. "It was bad enough that he sold shitty hoodies, I didn't think that he could get even more neeky."

"Right?" She burst out into a fit of laughter.

"Music was the only subject he was good at and even then was he kind of shit." Another one of the guys commented whilst slumping back in his chair.

"I'd like to see you try to play the ukulele without snapping one of the strings." (Y/n) murmured gently under their breath so that nobody could hear their comment.

"What does he even do? Like- Is it called Titch or something?" One of the girls hummed.

"He's like a streamer." Another one of the guys piped in, flourishing his hands to click his fingers to try and think.

"Oh, like on youtube?"

"No, on this other dumb app." He waved away.

"Whatever, it's still stupid." She scoffed, rolling her eyes and sinking back into her chair to sigh. "Waste of time, if you ask me."

"Right? He's seventeen. Who the hell plays Minecraft at this age? He's such a child."

(Y/n) felt their lip curl down and snarled a bit when they heard that remark, their nails dug into their skin to prevent themself from accidentally biting back in case they said something too harsh.

"You get me! Where does he think he's going to get in life if all he does is record himself playing kid's games on Titch?"

"Twitch." (Y/n) muttered under their breath quietly, their head pointed down at their knees so that they wouldn't have to make eye-contact with any of the others. They lowered their phone down, shutting it off and holding it against the table whilst still grasping it tightly in their hands.

They all looked in their direction.

"Excuse me?" One of them stuck their noses in the air.

"What did you just call me?" Another responded, taken aback by their muttered reply.

"No- I mean." They mumbled, sitting up in their seat and tilting their head up at the group. "The name of the platform he streams on is called Twitch."

"Like the one Pokimane streams on?" One of the dudes looked up and proclaimed enthusiastically.

"Oh my god, shut up, you simp." He was immediately elbowed in the arm by one of his friends.

"So? Why should I care?" One of them shrugged, ignoring the short comment made by one of the other members of their group.

"I just figured you were curious since you were talking about it so much." (Y/n) rolled their eyes back.

"(Y/n), sweetie, we were making fun of him." One of them cackled, holding her hand to her chest to sway her laughter.

"Yeah, I figured." (Y/n) cleared their throat and leaned their arms on the table to arch forward and take an even closer glance at them. "Why are you making fun of him? It's not like he's doing anything wrong."

"He's not doing anything wrong, he's just... A bit of a loser, isn't he?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I don't know. The things he does. I mean, come on, (Y/n). He plays Minecraft for a living. What's so cool about that?"

"It's not about being cool, it's about doing what he enjoys. And if he enjoys that, he should be able to do so without bitches like you talking shit about his passion." They snapped back. Okay, there it goes. This is what they meant when they thought about saying something too harsh.

"Woah, (Y/n). No need to get defensive." They held their hands up in defence, as if to mock them.

"Yeah, chill."

"Since when did you become so eager defend him?" The girl asked with her face slightly scrunched at the thought of (Y/n) being even slightly reluctant to back him up.

"Since always." They spat out. "He's my friend and I can't just sit here and listen to you talking about him behind his back. It's bad enough he gets hate, I didn't think it'd be any of you guys."

"I'm not surprised he gets hate." The guy was now scrolling on his phone, probably checking out one of Tubbo's social media platforms to laugh at him. "The fucker just embarrasses himself."

"And he does it all while getting paid." They retorted.

"He ain't a celebrity, you're acting like it's an actual job." He held his phone up to gesture towards his screen.

"And you're acting like he isn't probably the richest person in this school." They let out a laugh of condescension. "His merch sells out in days and he's given money every time he decides to click a button on a website that says 'start stream'."

"So he makes money. He's still embarrassing himself with these cringey-ass videos."

"He is showered with praise and adoration by his fans, which he has more than a million of. Your one-thousand followers on Instagram is nothing compared to his following on every social platform ever." They argued back. The person that they had just spun the insult back around to looked taken aback by their response.

"Well, if you're such good friends with him, why don't you sit with him during lunch?" One of the girls scoffed and rolled her eyes, folding her arms and looking (Y/n) up and down.

"Yeah," another girl chimed in. "Go talk about to him about Minecraft and video games." She taunted in a snide voice.

"Maybe he'll spare you some loose change." The guys chuckled.

(Y/n) growled and rose from their seat, shooting a glance over to where Tubbo was sitting across the area before looking back at the group of people who they had previously been sat with. He was sat with one other person that they could only assume to be just another one of their friends. The group of people that (Y/n) had been sat with all had their eyes laid on them as they waited for them to make a decision

"Gladly." They proclaimed.