Nightmares (bucky x reader)

- WARNINGS: talks about Nat's daydream from AOU / nightmares -1525 words

Bucky was usually the one with who would wake up in the middle of the night from a night mare and y/n would help him but tonight was different.

Bucky's Point of View
"NO!" Bucky jumped out of bed at the loud noise. He was having a good dream for once which was probably because of y/n, she had been helping him with his nightmares lately. Hence the good dream being about her. They were only friends but Bucky had started to fall for y/n. "NO PLEASE!" He heard someone shout again. It took him a second but immediately recognized the voice, it was y/n. Too worried about her to put a shirt on he ran out of his room to hers which was just across from his. As he was about to open the door he saw Nat peek her head out of her room which is next to y/n's. She looked at Bucky, "make sure she's okay please." "That is the plan" Bucky chuckles. He opens the door to see you rustling in your bed covered in a thin layer of sweat with your hands bunching up the sheet that was on top of you. It broke his heart to see you like this and he wondered if you felt the same when you saw him like this.

Y/n's Point of View
"I have no place in the world." You said as you walked into a dark hallway as an older lady walked behind you making sure you didn't try to get out of your ceremony. You were pushed into a room and laid on to a metal gurney. You could feel the ice-cold metal on your skin and through your thin shirt, you hissed at the feeling. A thin white sheet was put on top of you up to your shoulders. You were wheeled out into a bright hallway the light blinded you for a second, nerves starting to take over your body as you near the large metal doors that lead into what you guessed was an operating room. You had been somewhat sedated but it hadn't taken full effect yet so you were still somewhat clear-minded. As you were being wheeled down the hallway you turned your head for a second and saw two little girls. They looked no older than maybe 7 and you swear you saw that they didn't have mouths. You were pushed into a cold room causing you to form goosebumps all over your body. You heard a buzzing sound and you figured it was one of the medical tools and before you could keep it in you let out a scream. "NO PLEASE!" You started to try and get off the gurney but it was no help. You felt a needle poke your shoulder and everything went black.

You sprung up in your bed breathing heavily, tears starting to run down your cheeks. You were startled as a hand was placed on your back but relaxed slightly when you realized it was metal. "Bucky?" "Hey it's okay, I'm here" his voice soft and sweet. You broke down bawling and clutching on to Bucky who had sat on your bed. Your face in the crook of his neck, your arms wrapped tightly around him trying to ground yourself. He had both hands around you and one was rubbing your back while he whispered sweet nothings in your ear. Once you had calmed down a bit and weren't bawling, you hear Bucky ask, "nightmare?"  "Yeah."  "Wanna talk about it?" "Just memories from the red room and what they did to me." You looked down at your stomach after releasing your grip on Bucky, laying your back against your headboard. You were shaking still so Bucky had put his metal hand on your thigh and was rubbing it to help calm you down. He knew touching cold things helped you calm down and ground yourself. You felt Bucky's flesh hand lightly lift your chin so you were looking at him with tears still in your eyes. "It's okay, they can't hurt you anymore. Even if they tried they would have to go through me first." Bucky said in a sweet and calming voice which allowed you to relax a little.

Nat was usually the one to help you with nightmares like this since she went through the same thing, so you were surprised to see Bucky there. But he was comforting and he had experience with nightmares and helped calm you down a lot. You looked into his eyes which we're looking at you in an almost loving way but you brushed it off.  "You a little better now?" You heard Bucky ask snapping you back to reality. "Yeah," you replied, shaking again. "I'll be right back," Bucky said walking out of your room, you didn't want to be alone at the time but he said he would be back, and he was about 3 minutes later with a cup of your favorite tea. You gave him a small smile as he handed you the cup with a cute little smile on his face. "Just the way you like it." He said softly before you took a sip of the tea calming you down a lot. "Thank you, Buck." "No problem, y/n it's a little weird usually you are the one helping me with nightmares." You giggled causing his smile to widen a bit. "You gonna be okay y/n?" Bucky asked you in a quiet voice. "Yeah, I will thanks, Buck." You said as he got up to leave but you grabbed his arm before he was out of reach. He looked back at you with a questioning look on his face. "Can you stay here please?" You asked Bucky not wanting to be alone. "Of course y/n," Bucky said walking around your bed to get in on the other side. When he laid down you scooted over to him curling up to him. This is when it hit you, you had noticed but it didn't process cause you were dealing the nightmare. He wasn't wearing a shirt. You blushed as you put a hand on his chest and you swear you felt his heartbeat quicken. He planted a quick kiss on the top of your head "Goodnight y/n." You look up at him, and before you can even think about it you kiss him. You pull away hoping you didn't just ruin something. He just smiled at you and pulled you in for another before you cuddled back into him. "Goodnight Buck." You said before drifting off to sleep with a smile on your face.

Bucky's Point of View I was happy as hell when she kissed me, I couldn't stop smiling as well as being speechless. I felt her cuddle up to me again. I squeezed her slightly for a second. Y/n likes me back, but your thoughts were interrupted. You hear a small little snore escape her mouth. You smiled closing your eyes and soon driving off to sleep, her in your arms.

Y/n's Point of View
I woke up hugging something and was confused until I looked up to see a peaceful sleeping Bucky, that's when last night came back to me. I winched at the thought of the nightmare but smiled when I remembered what happened after. I had kissed Bucky and he slept with me after helping me with my nightmare.

You felt Bucky stir pulling you closer as he opens his eyes and kisses your head. "Good morning doll." "Morning Buck." You say sweetly before you kiss him. "What do you say I take you on a date today?" "I'd love that Buck, but first let's go get breakfast. I'm starving." "Okay, now that you mention food I am pretty hungry." "Bucky you're always hungry." "True, let's go doll." You both get up and head out of your room.

Bucky runs across the hall to grab a shirt and while you wait, Natasha comes out of her room. "Hey y/n you okay? I heard you having a nightmare but Barnes got to you first." She said while winking the last part. "Yeah, the same nightmare as always, but Buck helped." You say smiling looking at his door. "By the look on your face, I say in more ways than one." Nat giggled. "NATASHA, seriously?" You say giving her a playful punch on the shoulder. "It's not what you think, but we did kiss, and he's taking me out later." Nat squealed happily before asking if she can help you get ready for the date. "Of course Nat I'll call you into my room later when I'm getting ready." "Okay y/n, I'm going to get breakfast. I take it you're waiting for Barnes?" You nod as Bucky comes back out of the room. Nat winks and smirks at both of you and walks away to the kitchen. You turn to Bucky and you both chuckle. He walks over to you and gives you a quick kiss. "Hey buck." "Yeah?" "Thanks again for last night." "Of course doll whenever you need me I'm there." You smile as you both walk to the kitchen to get breakfast.