Chapter 29: The Last Hope

Aria opened her eyes and looked around. She was in the hidden bounty, Wu was sitting down next to her bed.

"Good to see you are awake" Wu stands up

"What happened?" Aria asks

"You collapsed in the temple" Wu replies "Lloyd's new golden powers are interfering with your new dark powers, you see because your father is still alive the balance is tipped in your favor. Lloyd golden energy is trying to destroy your dark energy to maintain the balance of power"

"so once my father is gone I'll become the new Dark Lord and I won't feel like I'm being lit on fire?" Aria questions

"precisely" Wu smiles

"great.. all that's left is to kill my father" Aria sighs "should be fun"

The two walk out of the Hidden Bounty and to the beach where the Ninja are celebrating their restored powers by shooting down coconuts.

"What are you idiots doing!?" Aria shouts

"Are you trying to reveal our hidden location?" Wu adds angrily

"Be wary of overconfidence, Ninja. While it is true your powers can defeat the Stone Warriors, only Lloyd alone has the power to defeat Garmadon" Wu lectures "When it is all over, then we will see who laughs last"

"Yes, Sensei" the ninja reply

Misako walks over "While we can't stop it their is a way to at least delay the battle, if the Helmet of Shadows is returned to its pedestal, the countdown might stop long enough for us to gain an advantage"

-

Risking everything, the 4 Ninja disguise themselves as Stone Warriors, and escort Misako to Lord Garmadon's camp, pretending to have captured her. While Lloyd and Aria stayed back at camp.

"What's going to happen when this is all over?" Aria asks as they sat on Lloyd's bed reading a comic

"what do you mean?" Lloyd questions

"well isn't our purpose as ninjas over, what's left for us to do?" Aria asks worriedly

Lloyd looks at her "wellIwashopingmaybeyou'dwanttomaybego-"

"Lloyd calm down" Aria laughs "Just tell me"

"Maybe you'd wanna go traveling with me?" Lloyd asks

"I'd like that greenie" Aria says smiling

Lloyd smiles at her and placed his hand over hers "So when we travel where should we go?"

"Wherever life takes us" Aria replies

"So hop on my dragon and tell him to take us anywhere" Lloyd says and Aria nods

Julian runs into the room "They were spotted and they got the helmet"

"we're on it" Lloyd runs out with Aria following

-

When the Power Drill emerges in the jungle, Garmadon is quick to pursue. After a frantic chase that ends in the Power Drill being disabled momentarily, Garmadon goes for the kill, only for Lloyd to blast it with his powers.

"Lloyd!" The ninjas shout, happy to see him

Lord Garmadon emerges from the wreckage, weakened and vulnerable; from the Power Drill, the Ninja encourage Lloyd to finish him off. Despite everything at stake, the Green Ninja is unable to strike the fatal blow, forcing him to jump aboard the Power Drill with Aria as the Ninja make their escape from the advancing Stone Army.

"I couldn't do it" Lloyd says sadly

Aria put her hand on his shoulder "It's ok"

At the Celestial Clock, the Ninja meet with Master Wu and desperately look for the Helmet's pedestal with minutes to spare. The hunt is interrupted when the Stone Army arrives, but Misako retrieves the helmet when one of the clock's rotating arms knocks it from General Kozu's hand.

The Ninja finally find the pedestal and replace the Helmet, but it's one second too late; the countdown has ended, and the final battle is upon them. As the clock fires a mighty energy flare inland. The Stone Army push back the ninja to the edge of a cliff. Lord Garmadon and the Overlord laugh.

"Warriors, grab my daughter!" the Overlord ordered

"No" Aria cried as the warriors grabbed her

"No!" Lloyd shouts but was pushed back

Aria was brought over to the Overlord.

"Let her go!" Misako shouts "Layla wouldn't have wanted this for her"

"Layla is dead, I am her father" The Overlord argues "I am in charge of her"

With that the Stone Army captures Nya, and the Ninja are sent down into a crevasse. Surviving the fall, the Ninja head off to prepare for the final battle.

"This is all my fault. I should've taken the shot!" Lloyd shouted frustrated

Cole sighs "We're all at fault, kid. It's just the way the cookie crumbled"

"Ah! Are you still making jokes? They have Aria and Nya, and you're making jokes?" Jay tackles him

"It was just a poor choice of words!" Cole shouts

Just before Jay punches Cole, Wu stops them.

"Enough!" Wu shouts "We have lost enough. We don't need to lose our focus"

"Forget focus. We have to get Aria and my sister" Kai argues

"By the time we get back up there, they'll be gone. We will get your sister, but the clock has reached a zero and the Final Battle could start at any moment. We must head back to the Bounty to get prepared" Misako says

"Misako... what did the Overlord mean by he was Aria's father?" Kai asks "Is that true?"

"Yes" Misako sighs sadly "Aria is the Overlord's daughter, she shares his power and the only way for her to be free of him is to defeat him"

"UGH" Jay screams in anger

"Calm down Jay" Zane says

"We will save Nya and Aria" Cole declares

"Right" Lloyd looks up at the cliff "This fight isn't over yet"