Ch27: Not You, Too

Lee walks inside the shop, her eyes scanning the cosmetics stacked on the shelves, her jaw almost dropping at the huge range of products. She can identify a few of themㅡthe basics like lipstick, eyeliner, eyeshadow, and foundation, while other things have her staring in confusion.

The fuck is a primer, she thinks to herself as she examines a small glass bottle, I must be living under a rock.

"Good evening, how may I help you?"

Lee turns around at the voice of an employee who's smiling at her, her hair in a tight bun and her light makeup complimenting her face.

"Uhh," Lee hesitates, looking around, "I'm just looking."

"I see, call me if you need any help."

The lady walks away, and Lee sighs to herself, turning around to walk out of the shop, but she thinks again. Perhaps she's overthinking it, and in the end she turns back around and walks to the pretty lady.

"Actually, I think I might use some help."

---

Lee unlocks her house door, walking in with two bags filled with makeup products. She even bought a thing or two for skincare that the lady at the shop said would help with her acne scars. Honestly, she thinks all the things the lady made her buy were only to make her pay that huge amount she paid, but she doesn't care much nowadays about money anymore as she got that job at the supermarket three months ago as a shelf-stacker, and Jungkook decided he's not going to college.

After the fight, they didn't speak much for a few days, only saying things like "did you eat?" And "It's your turn to do the dishes". But it was only for a few days then they went back to normal as if the fight had never happened, and none of them brought it up again.

Jungkook walks down the stairs as Lee heads to the living room, opening the bags and reminding herself with the lady's words about the order in which to apply the products.

"Is that makeup?" Jungkook asks, sitting beside her on the couch and opening an eyeshadow pallete to sniff it. "Smells weird."

Lee snatches it from him. "You don't have to smell everything you see."

He ignores her, grabbing the lipstick and pulling the lid before sniffing it, too. She shakes her head in disappointment and looks away.

"Oh, by the way," He says, putting the lipstick back in the bag and rubbing his thighs in nervousness.

"College applications opened," He says in one breath.

Lee hums. "And? You said you're not going."

"But you want me to go," He says as he tilts his head, his statement sounding more like a question.

"I do," She admits, putting the bags aside, "But it's your life. And I can't force you. You're not a kid anymore, you can think for yourself. And if you regret your choice for any reason, then that's on you."

"Well," Jungkook takes in a breath, "I've been thinking about it a lot and... I'm gonna give it a go."

"For real?" She asks.

He nods.

"You're doing this for yourself, not for me?"

"Yeah," He nods again, "For myself. I've been looking at universities nearby and I found a few that I like. I may go into arts or filming. Interior design doesn't sound bad either. I don't know, I'll apply to all and see what I get."

Lee smiles, ruffling his hair and pulling him in for a quick hug, but Jungkook doesn't pull back, and only hugs her tighter, resting his chin on her shoulder.