Chapter Eighty Six

"Wheres Percy?" I asked, flopping on to Fred's bed with a huff, the familiar smell of experimental fireworks calming me, "I didn't see his pompous head among the sea of red"
"Don't mention that prick around mum" George warned, fist clenching at his side, "He sided with the ministry, moved into a flat in London"
Fred frowned, sitting behind me and pulling me in between his legs, "Mum went to try bring him home the other day - bastard shut the door in her face"
"What an absolute tosser!"
George sat on his bed, playing with one of the throwable fireworks, "I know. Mum's been crying at any mention of him, so it's best to just leave it"
I grumbled under my breath, furious at the thought of Percy turning his mother away so harshly.
"Well, he can rot for all I care" George huffed, throwing the firework to Fred, starting a game of catch above my head, "Thinks he's some big shot now he's in the ministry"
Sensing that they were starting to get really agitated, I caught the firework, relaxing further into Fred's chest.
"Well, forget about that tosser. How've the experiments been going?"
That seemed to break the two out of their brooding, George pulling a box out from under his bed.
"The extendable ears are finally working" he said, throwing a finished one at me, "And the next line of magic sweets are almost perfect"
Fred laughed from behind me, wrapping his arm around my middle as he readjusted his position, "The next gen fainting fancies knocked me out a little too hard"
I snorted, "How long"
"Knocked out for about 4 hours - George almost told mum to take me to St Mungos"
"She would've thrown a fit"
The three of us began laughing hysterically, the image of one of Molly's famous rants filling our minds.

"FRED! GEORGE! EMILY! LEE IS HERE"I sprang out of Fred's arms, smirk on my face, "Race you""Prepare to lose!""In your dreams"The three of us thundered down the stairs, racing past a confused Ron and Hermione, and almost tripping over Ginny at the ...

I sprang out of Fred's arms, smirk on my face, "Race you"
"Prepare to lose!"
"In your dreams"
The three of us thundered down the stairs, racing past a confused Ron and Hermione, and almost tripping over Ginny at the bottom of the stairs.
"Lee!" George screeched, leaping into his arms and almost knocking him over, the shorter boy stumbling back as he tried to keep his balance.
Laughing, Fred and I hugged around them, creating a group hug in front of the fireplace.
"How've you been?" I asked, Fred and I stepping back.
"Alright" Lee replied, voice slightly muffled by George's shoulder, the boy not letting go of him, "Mum had the in-laws over on Wednesday, they were talking proper shit about blood purity again"
I frowned, "it's his influence coming back full force, letting them think they're right to have those views"
"Yeah, well dad chucked them out once they started talking about my mum's tainted blood. It wasn't pretty - the Yorkshire puddings were good though"
Fred snorted, ruffing Lee's hair, "of course you focused on the food"
"Making the best out of a bad situation, what can I say?"
"Well you're here now" George smiled, finally letting go, "Come on, let's go upstairs"

"Girls, Lee, don't unpack just yet" Mrs Weasley called after us, smiling reassuringly at our confused faces, "We might be moving to a different location in the next few days"
"Like a family holiday?" Ginny asked, still standing at the bottom of the stairs.
"Something like that" Mr Weasley said, ruffling her hair before moving towards the doorway, squeezing past us, "Now has anyone seen my hat?"
"On your head, dear" Molly smiled, placing a kiss on his cheek before bustling back towards the kitchen, "Supper's at 6 - don't let them bully you into overtime again!"
"Yes dear"

"Hi Ginny" Lee said, high diving her on his way past, "You ready to get on the Quidditch team after summer?"
"You know it" she grinned, "They're gonna have to let me in"
"Damn right" I shouted, hugging her quickly on my way past, "Four Weasleys on the team at once - my works gonna be cut out for me"
Ginny laughed, "That's called a family talent"
"Damn right it is" Fred said, leaning over the railing, "Our family's known for our quidditch skills. You're next on the list to prove our skills Ginerva"
"Don't you da-"
George smiled goofily, leaning off Lee's shoulder, "Ginerva Weasley, Chaser. I can see the posters now"
"Piss off!"
Giggling, the four of us ran back upstairs to the twins' bedroom, Lee putting his suitcase on top of mine in the corner.
"This summer is gonna be great" George declared, jumping on to his bed, "We're gonna finalise the stuff for the shop, play some quidditch - ooh! We could even try to make those charmed prank devices!"
"Like the portable biomes!" I replied excitedly.
Fred laughed, collapsing onto his bed, "Filch is gonna have a fit"
"Yeah, yeah. It's great you can do magic outside of school" Lee grumbled, "I'll watch I guess"
I pouted, poking Lee's side, "Awww, is little Lee sad about his birthday?"
"It's only two more weeks" Fred said, "Plus it means you don't have to do any school work around your birthday"
"And you'll get to spend it with ussss" George sang, pulling Lee on to his bed with a grin, "Stop frowning and just admit it's not that bad"
Lee's face stayed stoic for a few more moments, before he began giggling at George's intense stare, "Fuck off"
"That's what I thought"