Chapter 5 -A scratch-

Following the rather startling events of yesterday, I decided to get up unusually early and take a stroll around the Black lake. The sun was beginning to rise and the water seemed to almost sparkle as the rays of sunlight reflected off it. From a distance I could hear birds chirping and a slight breeze caused my hair to blow back. It was mornings like this when I felt truly at peace as though I was back in my first year at Hogwarts. I made a mental note to get up early more frequently because this view could never grow tiresome.

Other students started to come out and I retreated back to the castle. Today I am assisting Hagrid with teaching third years in Care of Magical Creatures during my free period. Fun fact about me, I am actually quite the prodigy when it comes to this subject, hence why Hagrid asked for my help. The creature we are introducing the students to today is the Hippogriff named Buckbeak. I decide to skip breakfast and make my way towards the forbidden forest. When I arrive, Hagrid is waiting for me while nervously rocking back and forth on his heels.

"Hey Hagrid, how's it hanging." I approach the large man and smile.

"Oi didn't see ya there Delilah.You ready to teach the youngins."

"Why of course, it gives me chance to threaten them if they do anything stupid."

Hagrid lets out a chuckle and we turn our heads to see a large group of third years approaching. In this group I immediately spot Draco's platinum blonde locks and upon further inspection I see the golden trio. I lead the group with Hagrid deeper into the forest where he had Buckbeak tied up.As we walk over to the creature I hear Draco complaining about the monster books Hagrid selected for the course.

"How the bloody hell do you open this thing without it biting your hand off." Draco scoffs. Before I can respond Hagrid explains that you need to stroke it and Draco lazily drags his fingers across the spine of the book. I avert my gaze to the creature in front of me and carefully walk over to help Hagrid untie him.

When I turn back around my fingers go to rub my temples upon seeing Draco and Harry Potter in a heated argument. I stomp my way over to see what the two gits felt was so necessary to bicker about during class. Draco sees me coming up behind them and pretends to look frightened.

"Dementor! Dementor!" The Gryffindors turn around in fright only to see me standing there with my arms crossed and foot impatiently tapping the ground. Draco and his fellow Slytherins then lift their hoods and make ghoulish noises to mock the boy. I quietly snicker because I had to admit it was slightly funny.

" All right dickheads how about we get back to the actual lesson before I get and actual dementor to suck out your souls. " I motion them towards Hagrid and slap Draco on the back of the head while he walks by. Before he can retaliate I stride over to Hagrid and help him explain to the class about the majestic bird.

Everyone seems to be quite afraid of the powerful beast and when Hagrid asked for volunteers Harry Potter was the only one still standing towards the front.  He approached the beast with great caution much to my surprise and after bowing he mounted the bird. A few minutes later they returned and Harry walked back to the Gryffindors with a bright smile on his face.

I must admit he did manage to gain the creatures respect and ride Buckbeak with little problem. While secretly smiling to myself about the boys success I hear a familiar voice let out a scream. My whole body turns at once and a sudden feeling of panic overflows my senses. I rush over to a frantic Draco lying on the ground clutching his arm , a painful look on his face.

"I need to get him to Madam Pomfrey immediately ." I pull Draco up and put my arm around his shoulders for support. We arrive at the infirmary in no time considering the fact I practically sprinted with Draco in my arms. She takes one look at him and goes to grab an assortment of cleaning supplies and healing equipment. Draco continues to whine while clutching his arm and I couldn't help but feel responsible.

I was busy giving a shred of respect to the stupid Potter and meanwhile Draco had managed to get himself hurt. The one promise I had made to Lucius was now broken and guilt washed over me. Madam Pomfrey comes back and tells Draco to let go of his arm so that she can heal the wound. He slowly lifts his arm and upon further inspection I see that is just a large scratch and no real harm was done.

"ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS DRACO, HERE I AM THINKING YOU GOT YOUR ARM CUT OFF AND ITS JUST A SCRATCH!" I shout and shake my head.

"Language Ms. Rees, but yes you are correct this should be healed up in no time." Madam Pomfrey finishes cleaning up the small amount of blood that was shed and retreats back to her desk. I look back down at Draco who still has his eyes screwed shut and was letting out exaggerated whimpers.

"Oh shut it you big baby or I might just have to inflict further damage.Who knows I could accidentally cut your arm off and blame it on your wound." I pick up a long sharp medical tool from a nearby table and hold it up menacingly. He immediately shuts up and stares at the ceiling  while muttering to himself. Even though he wasn't terribly hurt I stayed with him for the rest of the day and read to him as he slept .Thank god she gave him draught of peace because I really didn't want to hear him moan like a little bitch all day.

Once it started to turn dark outside Ms Pomfrey kicked me out and insisted I return to my dormitory. I enter the common room and race up the stairs to avoid being questioned about Draco's injury. Once I enter the room I dig through my records and put on the Beatles while staring out the window.

I look across the grounds and see a scruffy black dog wondering around and slowly retreating back to the forest. A small smile plays against my lips and I quietly start to hum to myself. I continue to stare out the window as the song Maxwell's Hammer plays softly in the background.

Fred Weasley's POV :
I had seen the girl walking in the hallway and I quickly grabbed George instructing him to follow me. We tailed her until she got to the entrance of the Slytherin common room and heard her say the password "Pureblood". Of course that was the bloody password ,typical snakes.

We watched her enter the room while peering around the corner. I turned to George and signaled that it was time.The prank I had been planning for the past two days was finally being set into motion. He hurried off to go grab Harry's invisibility cloak and came back within a matter of minutes.

" Alright Georgie you stand guard and I'm gonna go give the little snake what she deserves." I pull the cloak over my head and walk over to the Slytherin entrance with anticipation.A huff escapes my lips and I begrudgingly say the password ,rolling my eyes in the process. When I enter the common room luckily no one is present and my feet carry me up the stairs. There is only one door that has light peaking out from underneath it which happens to belong to her.

My ears are strained as I listen to the sounds coming from the room.If I'm not mistaken I could hear music being quietly played.My hand slowly grips the doorknob and I hurriedly squeeze my body in the small entrance I created.I close the door quickly and look around the room in shock. One half of the room was plain as can be with just a couple green decorations but the other side was pure chaos.

Posters of bands I have never heard of littered the walls and all sorts of odd looking contraptions were on the desk and bookshelves .On the nightstand there was a muggle contraption called a record player that my dad had told me about. The device was playing an upbeat tune that was pretty catchy. The books she owned all had odd names and I couldn't see anything that pertained to magic.

It couldn't be though , how could she a snotty,spoiled Slytherin be a muggle lover?I quickly pushed these thoughts out of my head and reminded myself what I came here to do.Looking towards the window I noticed Delilah was asleep with her face pressed up against the glass.

Her silver hair was messily hanging past her shoulders and she had half of her body hanging off of the windowsill. Her long eyelashes fluttered slightly as she let out a quiet whimper and wriggled her nose.Dare I say she almost looked peaceful when she slept,innocent even.I shook my head and snapped myself out of these ridiculous ideas and remembered that she was an evil little bitch.Sure she may seem all innocent now but as soon as those beady eyes opened up she was back to being a Slytherin asshole.

I shuffled my feet over to her closet and quickly finished my task. While taking one last look at her sleeping state I smiled and stepped out the door . Rees will have no idea what hit her tomorrow when she wakes up. What can I say? Pay backs are a bitch especially when you mess with Fred Weasley.