Chapter Eighty Eight

The sound of the new arrivals broke us out of our argument over rooms, the three of us apparating downstairs.
"Oh come on!" Lee shouted distantly, his footsteps thudding down the stairs as he tried to catch up.
"You made it" I grinned, eyeing Hermione's frazzled hair, "How was the commute?"
"Oh it was wonderful!" Arthur gushed, "We took the train in to London before going underground - the toob really is marvellous!"
"Dad loved it" Ron grimaced, "says he wants to go again"
"I won't be with him next time that's for sure" Ginny scoffed, pushing past the gathered group and almost bumping into Lee at the bottom of the staircase, "I'm going to steal a room"
I laughed at her behaviour, watching fondly as Molly pulled Arthur into a hug, Remus gently moving Hermione out of the way so that he could get to Sirius in the doorway, embracing him in a similar manner.
"We already got the good rooms" Fred explained, as I finger gunned Hermione and Ron, "So I would go try find the less shitty one before the other does - one is literally a cupboard with a bed in it"
Giggling at their faces, George waved happily as they started to climb the stairs, Lee glaring at us.
"Can we not make this whole summer me just running after you three?"
Fred hummed thoughtfully, stroking an imaginary beard, "Well, we can definitely try. Right Georgie?"
"Right Freddie" George replied, before glancing at the kitchen with an overly thoughtful look, "I say, wouldn't you just kill for a tea right now?"
"Why yes I would"
"How odd"
Lee's open face of curiosity quickly turned into one of annoyance, "don't you dare-"
"Off to the kitchen we pop" Fred grinned, the twins disappearing with a loud crack at exactly the same time.
Staring at the now empty space, Lee muttered swear words under his breath, looking up at me with a frown, "I hate them"
"Nah you don't, you love the goofs really"
"... whatever" Lee huffed, trudging towards the kitchen with a frown.
I snickered slightly, following behind him, stopping quickly to talk to Sirius and Remus, the two men standing close together just outside of the kitchen having a seemingly intense conversation.
"-why he has to stay there, it's cruel- Emil, hello!"
Sirius switched from the intense whispering to a cheery smile as he noticed me, nudging Remus gently as he did so.
"I just wanted to thank you for letting us stay here. Moody made a big point about how important this all was before we came over"
Remus huffed a laugh at that, "he is a bit intense isn't he?"
"That's an understatement" Sirius chuckled, his hand resting on Remus' hip as he moved closer, "between us three, the first night he stayed over, he was stood outside my door and screamed 'CONSTANT VIGILANCE'. I could've shat myself"
I laughed, shaking my head at the image, "He's a scary man, that one. I'm glad he's on our side"
"You wouldn't want to be on my bad side, you're right about that" Moody said, appearing behind us suddenly, the side of his lip quirking up slightly as Sirius swore, "I have a reputation for being rather unforgiving"
He then turned to me, nodding towards the kitchen, "the boys are waiting for you in there. I need to have a quick chat with Remus"
"Oh - of course, sorry"

"I'm telling you! It was massive!" Lee exclaimed, leaning back on his bed, "I could've sworn I had just a normal tarantula - that's why I had to go visit Hagrid that year"
Fred gasped, sitting up for a second to place his fire whiskey down on the side table, "Fuck off, you gave that away?"
"Had to. Dumbledore said it was too big to keep"
"Spoilsport" George grumbled tiredly, shuffling across the mattress so that his head was resting on Lee's shoulder, "That would've been so cool"
We all tensed as footsteps walked past our door, relaxing again once it had passed.
"We've got to be more quiet, they can't confiscate our booze the first night!" George hissed, fist clenching protectively around the bottle.
"At this rate there'll be none left to drink" I remarked, looking at the empty bottles littering the floor.
"How are we gonna get refills" Lee groaned, nodding as Fred made a mournful noise.
"I'm sure we can convince Sirius to get us some"
"He's a known criminal - he can't exactly go shopping at the corner shop"
"Remus?"
"We'll have to work on him"
I giggled, running my hands through Fred's hair where he was resting his head on my lap, gesturing to the bag beside George, "Chuck me a chocolate, will you Georgie?"
I choked on a laugh as a chocoball hit me in the forehead, smiling in thanks before popping it in my mouth.
"What are we gonna do trapped in here all summer?" Fred asked, "We can't do those quidditch games anymore - and hiding our spells will be much harder in here"
"Harder but not impossible" Lee corrected, "you brought the stuff?"
"Of course we did" George huffed, "What do you take us for?"
"Well then, we can work on that" I answered, "I find it hard to believe that Molly won't have us cleaning this place from tomorrow, though"
"Bugger"
Lee laughed, eyeing a particularly large spiderweb in the corner of the room, "It's not exactly unnecessary"
"The real question is how you've got Fred purring like a cat" George teased, sticking his tongue out as Fred flipped him the middle finger.
"Don't be jealous, I'm sure Lee will let you lie in between his legs" Fred replied, wiggling his eyebrows George blushed bright red, Lee coughing awkwardly.
"Aww don't tease them" I smiled, cuffing Fred's ear gently.

"Fuck of both of you" Lee scowled, voice tight