Chapter 4

The Helen situation were quickly solved than I expected. Only after three days, the teachers announced, that after the bonfire, at 3 am, Helen was so sick that they quickly transport her to a hospital where her family can see her, thus outside of the Island.

It was all too quick that the nurse and registrar office forgot to announce.

Yes, the class is in frantic. But not for the missing Helen, with all the papers and boring numbers we get to see every day, it's more like cause of the thrills.

And now, our class' permission for a party has been terminated. Not surprising, the school won't always support parties for a bunch of kids. We may be the best, but there is limit to where that goes. Plus, someone got seriously ill, that must be what end this.

But for tonight, this might be better. The juicy rumor has end and I'm going to sleep. A long peaceful sleep, in my room, alone. The rest that I deserve after studying for the finals, and having a 2 hours' sleep couldn't be more damaging to my already damaged brain.

I'm tired. And sleep is all I need.

A knock on my door is like explosion in my head. Rough and loud.

I groan. Eyes half asleep, but my head is pounding like millions of needles slowly hammering me to my death. Dizzy, dizzy, noodles feet and lazy.

I reach for the door, but when a silhouette of a large build of a man pass me like a blur, it woke me up like thousands of caffeine.

The thoughts inside of my head screams that this is the lady's dorm. And no man should be allowed in!

I don't know any taekwondo nor do I take any self-defense class seriously. I just wanted to run but my body feels heavy and my feet is stuck on air. So I scream, hoping for someone to hear me, hoping that at least my dead body would be found before he murders others. One sacrifice for all.

I feel my body get quickly pinned to the wall and my mouth get covered halting me from making any noise. This is the end. What happens next will be inevitable.

"Shh.. It's me." A low voice whispers above me, and when I look up, excitement is visible on the pair of blue gorgeous eyes.

"Lucas?" I breathed out

What is he doing here!

All my nerve cells shouting all known profanities for almost making me have a heart attack. But my eyes betrayed me, a traitor this is, my own vision searches the true endearment behind the eyes of such gorgeous boy. Behind all the jokes he makes, behind those little hints of flirting, and behind all the confusion he made me feel.

"What are you.."

"Shhh.." He mutters, removing his palm from my mouth. He stares at me so intensely, then I felt a thumb on my cheek as he makes circles, so light, so soft. "Beautiful" the excitement in his eyes is gone, change into something I can't point out. His eyes drop low, like someone staring to the wide sea that is slowly swallowed by darkness.

Just like that and he sighs, both hands drop beside him. His eyes glistened from the moonlight just outside of my window, then he squeeze them close and he lowers till I feel his head leans over the top of mine. Such emotion this is. Such mysterious, sad feelings of entangled emotions.

A light knock cut our conversation short.

"Who is it?" I have to make sure this time, who knows if a murderer really lingers.

"It's Cora"

My eyes widen. Of course! Guards! "Hide" I mouthed to Lucas before I opened the door.

The lady is shorter than me, not old nor too young, and really fit but I can guess she's on her late 40's. "Miss guard, how may I help you?"