Chapter 24: Orders

"So where exactly are we going?" Belle asked, hauling her luggage across the cracked cement sidewalk

"So where exactly are we going?" Belle asked, hauling her luggage across the cracked cement sidewalk. The group had taken a Portkey (the manky old boot from last year) to some place in London. Amora would say where, but even she wasn't sure herself, and Aspen wasn't saying much.

"Won't be long! We're almost there!" Aspen called out merrily and the everyone else groaned.

"That's what you said ten minutes ago!" Cassie whined. Her voice was drowned out by a loud crackle of lightning as blankets of rain waved upon the dark night. Amora practically rolled her eyes as she tried to cover her head from the cold droplets. Suddenly, a dark cloth covered her from the storm and her chocolate brown eyes rose to see where it came from.

"Don't worry, just keep it over your head so you won't get wet," Cedric whispered and Amora chuckled quietly. His light brown hair was now a soaked mess as he held his Hufflepuff yellow jacket over her head.

"Pack it up lovebirds," Aaron grumbled as he pulled out his wand.

He then turned to Rey and muttered, "Impervius." Magically, Rey's cloak formed an invisible shield that had raindrops bouncing off of it, keeping her dry and happy. She tossed her blonde hair to the side so she could give Aaron a quick peck on the cheek, one that made him still blush deeply.

"Hey, you mind doing that for me too?" Ned requested and Aaron sighed, clearly annoyed with his newfound popularity.

"No need! We're here," Aspen shouted to the group.

"Aspen, are you sure your mystery Order is here? This place is dodgier than Knockturn Alley!" Hazel whispered, her eyes darting around the dark and eery neighborhood. Amora couldn't help but agree. From the broken street lamps to the tall black houses crowded together, she wasn't liking this place at all.

"Never mind that. Just read this," Aspen instructed, handing Hazel a small slip of paper.

"The Headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix can be found at Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place, London," she read aloud, narrowing her eyes at the paper. A loud creak above the sounds of rain pounding on the sidewalk grabbed Amora's attention as she looked upward. A tall door appeared, soon followed bu the rest of a large, gray, rather imposing house. Aspen then took the slip of paper and set it afire with his wand as he beckoned the rest of the group to follow him inside.

"Oh Aspen! You made it back with the kids!" a voice rang out as a stout middle aged woman with fiery red hair emerged from the door at the end of the long dark hallway. Amora craned her head so she was able to fully take in her new setting. From the curtain drawn over a suspicious painting to the mounted house elf heads on the walls, Amora was not the hugest fan of the interior designer.

"Pleasure to see you too Mrs Weasley! See you got your gang here in one piece as well," Aspen said, nodding his head to the stairs. Ron and Ginny sat on the steps along with Hermione, but Ned's brows furrowed.