5

TW: Abuse

Instead, I found 2 dark blue eyes staring at me with a hint of wondering in their eyes.

Shit, the person in front of me, was my least favorite brother.

Marco.

***

*Emma POV*

I tried to get up to leave, but one look from Marco stopped me.

I glanced down at my nails, waiting for the yelling or questions that were bound to come.

Hmm, did I paint my nails navy blue? The polish always looked more sea blue to me.

After waiting for a solid minute, I finally gathered the courage to look up at Marco.

He was still staring at me, confusion whirling in his dark blue eyes.

He took one last glance at me, his eyes lingering a fraction longer on the spot where he had grabbed me.

"Get ready, you're coming with me," he said gruffly.

I stood there in shock for a minute. He didn't ask why I whimpered?

I guess he really didn't care about me.

Maybe, just maybe, Gabriel was right?

***

I had tears streaming down my cheeks, holding in my screams.

Gabriel spat in my face and twisted the knife in my shoulder deeper.

"That's what you get bitch" he snarled at me.

"No one will ever love you, and you better remember that."

***

I snapped out of my daydream and realized that I should go get ready before Marco gets mad.

I know what happened when I was late, and these guys looked like they could really pack a punch.

I quickly got dressed in a long sleeve shirt and some jeans.

Thank god I lived in Chicago now. Wearing this type of attire in Texas was atrocious especially in August.

I walked around for a few minutes before finally finding the garage.

Goddamn, this house was big.

I saw Marco leaning against a red ford mustang, scrolling through apps on his phone.

(pic of car for reference)

"Finally," he growled at me.

We got in the car, letting silence envelop us.

I zoned out a bit, the hum of the engine slowly lulling me to sleep.

I was shaken awake by Marco, and it took everything in me to not flinch.

I sighed and rubbed my head. Hiding things from this family was exhausting.

We pulled up to a basketball court, and just then had I realized that Marco was wearing athletic clothes.

Fuck.

On top of being bruised all the time, I just had no athletic ability.

At.All.

I was pretty much dragged behind Marco over to the basketball courts.

I plopped down on the bleachers and zoned out for about half an hour.

I was snapped out of my haze when my name was called.

"Come play with us," Marco beckoned.

"Oh n-no, I'm fine, thank you!" I stuttered out.

"It wasn't a question."

I sighed and rolled my eyes, knowing that there was no way out from this torture.

We dribbled some layups for a little before Marco's friends decided to play with us.

I may not be athletic, but I am very competitive, so I put my game mode on, forgetting about all my bruises and the permanent ache that I seemed to carry around.

I somehow got lost in the game till I slam-dunked.

Well tried to.

I jumped up and got the ball through the hoop, but I put immense pressure on my hurt ankle when I landed back down.

I let out a scream of pain and let black dots cloud my vision.

***

Gabriel was extra mad today.

He had come home earlier than usual, while I had stayed back at school later.

He was across the house from me, but I could still smell the pungent stink of alcohol.

"I bet you were whoring around, weren't you, you little SLUT" Gabriel screamed at me.

"N-no, sir. I was at the li-" I stuttered out before being interrupted.

"I don't want to hear you speak bitch" he spat at me.

He charged at me, and I immediately flinched, pressing up against the wall. Instead of hitting me, he stopped 2 inches away from my face. His fishy breath fanned my face.

"Today, I'm going to have my fun with you."

The last thing I remember before blacking out was Gabriel throwing a beer bottle towards my left ankle.

***

My vision slowly bubbled back in as the black dots covering it seemingly vanished.

I must have blacked out for maybe 30 seconds, but it had felt like an eternity.

I looked up to see Marco shooing off his friends.

Once he saw that I was back to normal, his concerned expression morphed into one of anger.

"Get into the car," he gritted out through his teeth.

Oh gosh, this was going to be a long car ride.

Hope you enjoyed this story!

Sorry for updating so late i am failing geometry rn so i had to cry a little yk

QOTD: If you could be in any movie, what would it be?

anyways, have a nice day.