5

Alexandra's pov

I'm leaving the hospital right now from seeing Vicki.  After school I spent about an hour with her to talk and just see how she's doing.  She seems really calm right now.  They actually told her she gets to come home tomorrow which is exciting.

I get home and close the door behind me locking it then walk into the living room and see Elle sitting there. "Hey" She said.

"Hey" I said then went into the kitchen to grab a snack and drink.  I walk back out to the living room and sit down next to Elle on the couch and she pauses the tv.

"How is she?" She said.

"Definitely doing better.  At least I think she is" I said.

"That's good." She said.

"Yeah, Matt took over.  He's there now" I said and she nodded.

"So, you know, we're going to have to figure out what to do about school soon.  The year just started and we can't not go to school whether it be there or online" She said and I nodded.  Damn, we really have to make a decision here.

"Okay, what are you thinking?" I said.

"I think we've homeschooled all our lives.  And while we've enjoyed it and it fit us, as we got older I think deep down we wanted more.  I think Mystic Falls High School is great and I liked it a lot.  I think it would be good for us, and we already made some nice friends.  I'm saying we go to school there" She said and I nodded.

"I think I agree with you" I said.

"Really? We're going to do it?!" She said.

"We're doing it!" I said and then we both started cheering.  I smile and laugh a little and then she hugs me.

"Wow, it only took majority of our school life to actually go to a school" She said and I laugh.

Now, I'm really excited.

•••

It's late at night and I'm just sitting downstairs finishing the movie we've been watching.  Elle went to bed not too long ago, but I had to finish this movie.

As I'm watching the movie, I feel myself start to doze off.  I adjust myself a little and then I sit up real quick when I hear a guys voice say my name.  I look around and don't see anyone and then I sit there a little scared. 

"Alexandra."

This time I jump up and turn a light on and run my hands through my hair.  What the hell is happening? I seriously need to go to sleep.  I decide to turn the tv off and then I start walking down the hall to go upstairs when I hear knocking at the door.  I jump a little and then just stand there staring at the door.  I start panicking a little and then I slowly walk to the door and put my hand on the knob.  I take a deep breath and then pull the door open and sigh of relief when I see who it is.

"Matt? What the hell.  You scared the life out of me.  Were you...were you calling my name?" I said.

"What? No.  I literally just got here" He said. So, if Matt didn't say my name...who did?