sharpie

"I can't remember what I did tonight, Or even yesterday. Like, dude, where's my car? Excuse me, what's my name? Someone gave me these clothes. I can't remember who. My mind's a total blank, But I just can't forget about you, Forget about you!"

I sing at the top of my lungs.

R5 has always been my go to cleaning band, and today was no exception as I danced around the kitchen.

Swaying my hips, I grab the broom and start singing into it like a microphone as I start to sweep my new, well new to me, apartment.

The place was a disaster.

The previous tenants were placed under 24 hour eviction and decided to trash the place and leave a giant mess. It was a bit of work, but the guy I rented it from said that if I cleaned and did repairs myself, he'd knock rent down for the first 12 months.

Sign me up.

The song changes and a song I forgot I even had in this playlist starts playing: Do you by RM.

The song was for educational purposes, as I studied Korean for a bit, before dropping the subject and learning french instead. I understood certain words, and knew enough to save myself embarrassment if the situation were to even occur where I needed to speak it.

I rush to the speaker and change it. I wasn't feeling the song while cleaning, so I changed it to the next song, which is I don't mind by Usher.

I love usher.

I start singing and dancing again, finally finishing the rest of the kitchen. Next step, is the living room.

It wasn't as bad, just needed a good mopping.

Finally, after 2 days of non stop cleaning, scrubbing, and sweeping, the apartment was finally able to be decorated.

Moving in beds, furniture, and all the other heavy objects I have.

Fun.

Mid building my table up again, there is a knock on the door.

Getting up from my seated position on the floor, I open the door to see an older gentleman. "May I help you, sir?"

"Yeah, you can. I live down the hall from you. Your music is way too loud and is making my dogs go nuts. Can you turn it down?"

I let my mouth hang open. "oh, uh sure thing sir."

The old man looks behind me and smirks. "I see you got the place cleaned up. The guy before you was a slob. Are YOU a slob?"

I widen my eyes at his comment.

"Um, no sir, I don't think so?"

Still looking past me into MY apartment, he chuckles.

"Give me a piece of paper, will ya? I gotta number I want you to call for your heavy lifting."

Still in shock by his rudeness, I pull the takeout menu from the counter and a sharpie that I used for measurement markings and handed to him.

He writes the number down and shoves the paper in my face.

"Keep your music down." He says before walking back down the hall.

I stare at his back before realizing.

"HEY, SIR, YOU STILL HAVE MY SHARPIE!"

He laughs as he walks into his apartment door and closes it behind him.

I've never cursed an old man before.

I roll my eyes before walking back into my apartment and looking at the number he gave me.

Should I call it?

After 15 mins of staring at the number and having a battle in my head, I decided it wouldn't hurt to at least call it.

I type in the number on my phone and press the call button.

It rings a few times and then someone picks up.

"Kim residence. Namjoon speaking."

I hold my mouth open a bit.

"Um, hi. A gentleman gave me this number to help with, and I quote 'heavy lifting'."

Theres slight shuffling on the other side, and then a quick, "yeah. was it Carl?"

I squint my eyes. "Um, he didn't leave his name, he just started fussing about my music making his dogs go crazy."

He chuckles.

"YUP, thats Carl. Which apartment are you in?"

I give him the apartment number, and he tells me he would be down in 15 minutes to help before hanging up.

I set the phone down and go to one of the boxes and pull out a shirt to put over my tank top, and replace my shorts with sweatpants.

Having thighs the size of California is not something I would like a guy I am meeting for the first time seeing in short shorts.

As soon as I sit down on the floor to look through my phone and wait, there is another knock on the door.

As I get up and get closer to the door, my heart starts to speed up and my head starts to pound, like I am about to explode.

I hit my knees at the feeling and yelp in pain.

The door opens, and someone runs up to me. The pain is more intense now that the person is right in front of me, and I accidentally grab their hand to keep from falling completely.

When I make contact with him, the pain stops suddenly, and I stare at my hand for a second.

I look up to see a guy who seems to be a bit older than me staring at me. "I am so sorry. Are you Namjoon?"

He nods his head. I smile at him. "I'm Star."

I realize that I am still holding onto his hand and go to let go, but he grabs it again. "The pain you were feeling. Did it feel like you were having a panic attack?"

I look at him funny but nod my head.

He lets out a sigh.

"Shit."

Hello lovelies! My name is Jessica and I'm the writer of this story! I have some stuff I'd like to say as I'm adding this right after finishing chapter 50! This story is a Rollercoaster. I will have you in your feelings one minute and laughing so hard you pee your pants the next.

Please, tell me in the comments any little experiences you have, tell me how you feel about certain things like the chapters and such. Heck just leave a laughing emoji if it made you giggle. I love replying and I've been told I'm very nice.

So if you think you're ready, why don't you buckle up and enjoy Stars and the guys story?

Happy travels🖤