21 | aces and joker

Ally~

Ally~

The professor was showing us the project outline on the projector, which we also have a copy of in our student portal. We're basically gonna create a mock trial, given a scenario and case for us to make something out of in ten days. During one of the last three days, we will attend a court and watch an actual trial. It's somewhere quite far, so we'll have to be staying overnight in hotels. It's almost like a workshop camp, or a field trip.

I think most of us have done mock trials before as an extracurricular activity, so the process won't be too difficult. Of course, with every debate takes hours of hard work and thinking. We want members in our team who are competent and passionate.

Each group needs eight members. A Judge, one defendant, two witnesses, two lawyers, a court clerk and an usher.

I got into a group with my bestie Jozy, of course. We also had two extremely smart international students, Heeseung and Sunghoon. We then had Terry, Kai, and Jenna, who were champions of last year's national debate team.

We were only short of one person, but many people seemed to be interested in joining our team. The real question is, who has the courage to ask first?

"Can I join your team?" Jay suddenly came over to us and some of the members hesitated. He barely talks in class, so nobody really knows what his abilities are. I know him very well though... he works hard under pressure and really does try his best.

"I think he's fine. You can join." Heeseung interfered with everyone's thoughts, and came up with a conclusion on his own.

"This is gonna be a lot of fun." Jozy elbowed me.

"For sure." I rolled my eyes and answered. I really don't know if this is a good idea, considering the fact that we haven't talked in months. However, I will never let my personal life affect my education or work performance.

We sat at the back and began discussing roles. Heeseung's the judge, Terry and Jenna are the lawyers, Sunghoon and Kai are the witnesses, Jozy's the usher, Jay's the defendant, and I'm the court clerk. We're all pretty satisfied with our roles and I think it fits us perfectly.

"Y'all really wanna sue me, huh?" Jay mumbled and everyone just laughed. It's obvious that they're all ganging up on him. Poor Jay.

We spent the rest of the class time just chilling around, since we've already done enough today and are actually way more ahead than the other groups.

"Are you free later?" Jay asked me while we waited for class to be dismissed.

I don't really know what to say. I'm actually pretty free, but I don't know if I'm emotionally ready to meet with him again. There wasn't much damage against us, he didn't really do anything wrong. I don't know what it is in me, that I'm just so scared of spending time with him. I know we used to be best friends, and it's unfortunate what I've done to us. Maybe I feel guilty.

However, I'm happy now and satisfied with the way things are. I don't know if I could ever go back to the days when we were still close, because the Ally then was definitely not the same Ally now. I'm done being a pushover, I'm done hurting when I could have clearly avoided it.

I know my worth now.

"I'm sorry, but I'm busy." I stood up right when the teacher gave us approval to leave. I got out my phone and started texting my boyfriend.

Mine💘

I'm done class

Are you busy?

Do you wanna go to the mall with
me or something???

I'm not in school rn :(

Currently at the hospital bc I
have clinical😔

Oh you do? I'm sorry I forgot

It's ok! I'll make it up to you
next time

Don't worry about it! Just focus
on your work, ik you'll do great

Tysm, you're the best 🥰

I'll shower you with hugs next
time we see eo

I'll be waiting for it😊💕

I love you

I love you too

See you:)

See you too🥰

"What a dry ass conversation." Jay was peaking through my shoulders and read all the texts.

"Why are you still here?" I gasped in shock. "Also, why were you reading our texts? You're a political science student! You should know better than to invade someone's privacy."

"I'm sorry..." He kept his head down in humiliation. I think I spoke too loud, because we definitely got some attention. "But now that your boyfriend is busy, you must be free?"

This boy.

__________________________

Thoughts on Jay (in this book) ???

⭐️

Song: CHEEZE (치즈) — How About You (어떨까 )

(Lyrics: wouldn't it be nice if we could spend the day together?)