19

"brother Chase I have heard of your remarkable swordsmanship" Evelina broke the silent and peaceful atmosphere. She couldn't stand Chase, her soon to be fiancee looking at her b*tch sister.

"Oh yes"

"Your so amazing brother Chase!"

"....Thank you..."

Angelina rolled her eyes at Evelina's compliment. Her voice sounded horrible in her ears. She cursed Evelina in her heart ' damn ugly rat'

Angelina had nothing to say. She was just here because she was forced to. Why would she want to see these two fall in love?

She took a sip of the sweet tea and ate the pastries on the table. She silently indulged herself in sweets.

As she was eating the sweets, she thought of something quite amusing. But she kept it to herself.

"Sister, why aren't you talking to brother Chase? You might look rude to our distinguished guest!" Evelina wanted to mock Angelina and show Chase she was a rude and evil girl!

"Oh..? Well i thought I didn't need to. I mean you look like your quite enjoying talking to sir Chase. I thought i would disrupt your happy time if I interrupted" Angelina said while sipping her tea and looking at Evelina with mocking in her eyes.

"You!" Evelina didn't expect when she tried to humiliate Angelina, that she instead would be humiliated.

Chase said nothing but listened to the two sister's interactions. He could immediately tell they didn't get along.

"Excuse me sister an sir Chase" Angelina got up and left the two alone. As soon as she left she went to a deserted hallway and punched the wall.

As she was letting out her frustrations. She cursed Evelina and Chase in her heart. She tried her best to hide her disgust in them but she couldn't hold it in any longer.

'damn you Evelina! Damn you Chase bastard! You disgusting couple!'

Eventually she calmed down and went back to the lounge.

When she went back to the lounge she saw Evelina clinging to Chase's arms, smiling.

"Hehe~"

"....."

"....."

The atmosphere was very uncomfortable. Chase and Angelina were very uncomfortable, only Evelina was smiling happily.

Angelina walked backwards and exited the room.

"...."

"Oh? I'm sorry brother Chase, my sister is a bit rude" Evelina said while still clinging to his arm.

"Uh..lady Evelina will you please let me go of my arm..?" Chase said while looking away, trying to avoid Evelina's gaze.

"Oh! Ah!..I'm sorry!" Evelina acted shyly. She then let go of his arm reluctantly.

Outside the door, Angelina was still holding the door handle. She was too blinded by the disgusting scene.

'how..how did she win his heart in the past!? Is this that bastard's type!??' Angelina was so confused. She wished she could just erase that scene from her mind.

*****
In a palace, Charles was informed about something from his aid. His face darkened and he immediately slammed the table.

"! Your majesty..."his aid was frightened

".....I think it's about time I paid them a visit"

"Uh....yes your majesty. I'll let the servants know immediately."

*****
After some awkward and uncomfortable moments, Chase and the Casspan couple were ready to leave.

The duchess and her two daughters said their goodbyes. The duchess went back to her room with a nervous and confused face. Angelina left in a bad mood, and Evelina left with a big bright smile on her face.

Evelina was extremely happy. Her maid helped her change and comb her hair.

"Did something good happen miss?"

"...well of course! Are you stupid!? My soon to be fiance spent an entire afternoon with me!"

"..." The maid was a little bit embarrassed but she didn't dare say anything

As soon as the maid was finished, Evelina rushed the maid out of her bedroom.

"Aren't you done!? What are you doing here!? Leave now!"

"Ah...yes miss...I'm sorry"

As soon as the maid left, Evelina took a book out of her bookshelf and hugged it tightly.

"The time has finally come! I, Evelina Van Skyler will pave the way to my happily ever after!"

She gazed lovingly at the book. Suddenly an image of Chase smiling at Angelina appeared in her mind.

"Argghhhh!" She slammed the book down on the floor and started to stomp on it.

She panted after she was done with her sudden tantrum. She bent down and picked up the book carefully.

"Tsk! Damn you Angelina! Look what you've done to my book! Argghh! I'll kill you!" She blamed Angelina for her damaged book, even though she was the one who stomped on it.

"You stupid b*tch!"

"Damn you! Damn you!" She smashed several thing in her room.

*****
The Casspan Estate

"So Chase, what do you think of the two sisters?" The duke asked his son when they were eating dinner.

"Hmm...I'm not quite sure...but lady Angelina, the Duchess's youngest daughter seems considerate and polite."

"Oh..."

"So son, who do you like more?" The Marchioness asked him while cutting a slice of steak

"I'm not sure yet...."

"It's alright. I'll give you more time to decide and spend time with them."

"Yes father. Father...I didn't know the duchess had another daughter..."

"Well I heard she had fallen ill when she was a child and was sent to the Vancelia Empire for treatment. They say she was in come for a while and miraculously got cured."

"Oh"

"What do you think of lady Evelina?" The Marchioness asked Chase

"Well she seems nice...but I feel like she got comfortable a little too fast but that's it."

"Hmm alright"

*****
Angelina was pacing back and fourth in her room. She was also biting her thumb in frustration.

'damn damn... what's going on...why is he not engaged to the other me (Lilith) ....did something happen..?'

"Miss are you worried about something?" Marie was concerned

"Huh? Oh yeah...no... maybe..I-it's nothing..."

"Miss I caught a glimpse of the son of the Marquess. He's quite handsome isn't he? His smile is so charming!"

"..uh-huh..yep..so handsome" Chase was indeed handsome, Angelina was just reluctant to compliment that bastard

"Do you like him miss?"