Pulling Away

She looked up at me from underneath her fluttery eyelashes

She looked up at me from underneath her fluttery eyelashes. Her lips were pursed and her eyes were narrowed. She had a natural scowl to her face and came across mildly intimidating. I only say mildly because I spent the whole of last year warming up to Liams intimidation and Lola was a pussycat in comparison.

"I don't like any of your clothes." She admitted brutally as I posed for her in my third outfit change of the day, I sighed dramatically as I moved more outfits aside looking for something she would finally approve of but she shook her head at every single thing.

It didn't take her long before she got up from the bed and searched through our shared closet pulling out a pair of distressed skinny jeans and a cropped sweater from the side she kept her own clothes on. She handed them to me and flipped her auburn hair ferociously sending a wave of lavender scent in my direction.

"Here, wear this, it might make you look like you actually have an ass." She slapped my backside before placing herself back on the bed. I rolled my eyes at her classic backhanded insult and started stripping my clothes.

I haven't seen Liam for over a week, lately college just seemed to get in the way of things. I don't think either of us expected it to be this demanding. We've spoke on the phone almost every day but he always seems too busy or too tired to meet up. Which I understood but it just sucks. After a substantial amount of pressure he agreed to meet up halfway between our two universities.

My heart raced as I watched the minutes tick by, Liam always had impeccable timekeeping and I was already running late. I dodged the human bodies as I made my way towards the cafe we arranged to meet up at.

My eyes scanned the room and my heart skipped a beat as I spotted him instantly. I forgot how good he looked. He wore a grey beanie on his head that teased a little strand of chestnut against his forehead, his signature leather jacket draped over a grey t.shirt and although his legs were hidden under a table I knew he would undoubtedly be wearing dark jeans.

I halted my footsteps just so I could secretly admire his beauty from across the room. He had no idea I was watching as he flicked small grains of salt across the table in boredom. I bit back my smile, he looked so innocent and light. Like all of the heaviness from back home was slowly evaporating and the cracks in his skin were healing. Blue eyes looked up to meet me, slowly they drank in my appearance and a sexy, boyish smile grew wider on his lips.

"Hey." I said unable to shake the smile from my own face.

"Hi." He replied, smiling back equally as wide.

I took a seat opposite him and he gestured for my hand, my arm rested against the table as he grasped my fingers and soothed the skin with the simple trace of his thumb. His simple touch electrified every nerve in my body. The last time we held hands across a table like this was when we were captive in handcuffs, back when Liam was misunderstood and broken.

"I missed you." He admitted.

"I missed you too, tell me everything! Do you still like your roommate?" I asked enthusiastically.