You're Here - Kakyoin x Reader

Warnings: Part 3 spoilers ahead! If you haven't finished part 3, I suggest not reading beyond this warning. Ok, that's all. Thank you for reading and enjoy!

~~~~~~

Why had you waited so long to tell him?

You had always found a way to convince yourself it wasn't the right time. Maybe that was just your nerves getting in the way, but, to be fair, telling your best friend that you love them is no easy task.

But now it was too late. You'd never get the chance to tell him how you felt now that he was...

How had it happened? Where had it all gone wrong?

In the battle against Dio, the group had split up to attack him from both sides. You had gone off with Jotaro and Polnareff, parting ways from Joseph and Kakyoin.

"Kakyoin," you had said suddenly, grabbing onto his sleeve to prevent him from leaving.

"What is it, (Y/N)?" Kakyoin asked. His expression was tense and worried. Though he looked at you most of the time, you were clearly able to see his eyes flicker off in different directions in a panic.

No, this wasn't the right time. He was already stressed out enough. There was no telling how he would react to a declaration of love in his current state. Would it ease his nerves? Would it freak him out? With so much uncertainty, you decided against telling him.

"Be careful," you told him instead. He gave you a weak smile and a nod before pulling his arm free from your grasp.

You let out a quiet sigh as you watched him disappear with Mr. Joestar. Shaking your head to clear your thoughts, you headed off in the opposite direction with Jotaro and Polnareff.

Not too long after the two of you had split up, you watched Kakyoin and Joseph pass by overhead. Having already split off from Jotaro and Polnareff in order to coordinate the proper attack, you followed the two in the air.

That was when it happened. Kakyoin had Dio surrounded with Heirophant Green. Then, in an instant, all of the strands had been cut and Kakyoin was vaulted through the air.

"Kakyoin!" You screamed.

He slammed into a water tower with enough force to break it open. From your angle, you couldn't see the hole in his chest, but you could tell that his clothes were stained red with blood.

With his last moments of life, Kakyoin used his emerald splash to break the clock tower. He could only hope that Joseph would piece together his message.

His eyes flickered downwards and landed on you. You were too far away for him to make out much detail, but he knew it was you all the same.

"(Y/N)..." he whispered weakly. Then, he closed his eyes and drifted away.

You weren't sure what had happened after that. The rest of the battle had been a blur.

You woke up later in a hospital room. It was morning when you opened your eyes, the bright sunlight coming through the window nearly blinding you. You let out a slight groan and placed a hand on your pounding forehead.

"Where am I?" You asked aloud. There was no one else in the room to answer you and a silence settled in as your words faded.

You took in your surroundings. Your arm was bandaged and placed in a sling. You looked on your wrist to find a hospital band with your full name and the day you had been checked in. It had been the day after the battle. You wondered how long you had been out.

You were alone for another hour before anyone entered your room. A doctor entered the room with a tray of food for your breakfast.

"Good morning," he said with a smile.