33.

ok haha this feels like an awkward meeting with your ex

I closed the door silently and continued my way along the dark hall, straight to my room.

The basement like piece was as cold and unwelcoming as ever. Somewhere on the wall I could still see some old posters with wanted villains, most of them probably already dead.

I stopped in front of a broken mirror, or at least what's left of it. My wrist's skin was severely damaged. Then my eyes traveled all around my body, then at my face.

"Depressing, isn't it?" My body spoke with a devilish smile.
"Look at yourself (y/n), look at your body that, ironically, isn't yours anymore." It chuckled and looked directly in it's eyes.

Stop it. I promised to myself to find a way.

It laughed again, having the fun of it's life.

"Poor, poor (y/n)..." I shook my head. "Everyone in this goddamn, filthy building will die of my hand. Everyone you thought were close to you. Your family. How sweet." 

Shut up, please..  I asked, dark thoughts rushing through my mind. More and more voices started screaming and laughing inside my head like a blizzard. It was pressuring, it was cold. I couldn't call anyone for help. I was alone. Just me and myself. Somehow, tears were rolling down my cheeks again.

"I need to get out of this miserable place." I said out loud, with my own voice between sobs.
I focused completely on my body and felt able to control myself again.

"It's the sadness..." I whispered to myself and stormed out of the door, sprinting through the dark hall once again. The corridor seemed never ending and everything was blurry from my tears, making it difficult to make out where I was running. Suddenly, an idea struck me.
I gathered all my might and smashed my right knuckle onto the wall. I released a painful scream, stimulating the tears to flow once  more.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck..." I was bleeding and panicking. The walls seemed like they were shrinking, trying to trap me in that hellhole.

"There it is..." The door that leads to the bar.

"The Voice!" I shouted, before slamming the door open. Everyone that was there stopped, with a surprised look in my direction. I barged outside and ran and ran and ran, without looking back. My vision still blurry, I couldn't even notice where was I even running. Unfortunately, I tripped over a rocck and fell with my chin on the hard concrete. My brain got shaken the way it never did before.

"Damn it!" I barely stood up and continued to run.

I finally stopped in a small alley between two old buildings. I leaned onto a wall and slowly let myself slide down to the hard ground.

"I need to do something..." I muttered, despair taking over.