chapter 1

My days were boring.

Sometimes I would just sit on top of a tower and watch the city night around me. The laughing people, the bright screens and lights, the fancy cars, the parties. 

But I wasn't out sightseeing today.

Licking the ice cream I had gotten earlier, I glanced at the class 1a students who walked out of a building wearing odd costumes. Midoriya looked like an old yakuza member, Iida looked like a stuck-up man, Todoroki looked like a gangster, Kirishima looked like a kid on Halloween, and Momo looked like a wannabe kpop star.

It wasn't like I could judge though, I was wearing a full tux. Like a bodyguard. So I didn't fit in with the crowds of casually dressed people. 

Not that I was going to follow on the ground anyway.

When the group of students began moving, I rose from the edge of the tower, trailing behind high up in the sky as if I was walking on air. I could've used my wings, but that would be too fast for the kids. So, I sucked it up and used my energy to walk.

Listening to their conversation, I wordlessly pondered what I should do as they carried out their plan.

What was their plan?

Fetch Bakugou, who had been kidnapped by the League of Villains a while back. I could have prevented that, but I'm not supposed to mess with fate. It's different to save them in a life or death situation if I think they're 99% going to die, but Bakugou wasn't going to. So I didn't step in.

I still checked up on him from time to time though. He was always just in a chair.

I can't look into the future. I don't know when anyone will die. But, again, I'm not supposed to mess with fate too much. If the students are heading to their deaths, I would spare their life by the bare minimum. I wouldn't help if they lose a limb. That wouldn't kill them as long as they get aid.

The group turned the corner leading into a desolate alleyway. Of course, I followed, finishing the cone of my ice cream and licking my fingers off. I stared at my empty hand before deciding I wanted some more. 

So I teleported. 

"Oh, back for some more?" the store owner beamed when I walk in, digging through my tux for some more cash.

Nodding my head, I examined the different flavors on sale, contemplating over trying a new flavor or getting the same one I previously ate.

"But, you sure you can just be wasting time here? You look like an important person," the owner remarked, motioning to my tux. 

"It's alright. I have time."

Translation: icecream is more important.

The man laughed and gave me a thumbs-up before tending to another customer.

Finally making my choice, I went with (favorite flavor) ice cream, a new flavor. 

After handing over the cash, I left the store and teleported back to the alley, skimming the area to find the students. 

They were crouching behind some broken wall, all frozen with fear. A little interested, I traced their gaze to a weird-looking man.

All for One.

He made the group look more normal with his naked mole-rat-looking head and thick, black mask. Did he have eyes? How did he see? Could he eat food? It would be a pity if he couldn't taste (f/f) ice cream.

Seeing the destroyed building in front of him, I deduced that he defeated all those heroes scattered around the floor. Mt. Lady, the weird cat man, even Best Jeanist were completely wiped out.

Was that why the students were scared?

I scrunched my nose, not wanting to ruin my eyes anymore with the hideous villain, and used my wings to fly quickly, heading towards another building. 

It was surrounded by the police and heroes who were fighting against some Noumus. One policeman seemed worried, constantly calling for Best Jeanist through a walkie-talkie but getting no response.

Sorry. He's unconscious. He won't answer you.

Anyways, with Endeavor being with the police, I assumed they didn't need any help. He was the number two hero for a reason, even if his personality was questionable. Like a certain ash-blonde. 

Inside the building, All Might and a few different heroes captured the League of Villains. Bakugou was safe by the number one hero's side, seemingly overwhelmed by his saving. Or on the verge of tears from fear. I wouldn't know. 

But their reunion got cut short when weird goop seeped out of the villain's and Bakugou's mouth, engulfing their bodies. 

I walked away as All Might screamed in frustration and headed back towards where Midoriya and his classmates were. 

Everyone's shouting got louder as things turned for the worse, and I finished my ice cream, wishing I bought more for the occasion.