54 | The One With The Wedding 2.0

It was a stormy night at the RKGOC Head Office, RK rubbed his chin as he worried looked at the Monthly sales chart that was sent by the Sales Department. He sighs in defeat as he observes the significant decline in sales over the last few months. He shakes his head and gulps down a glass of Polish Vodka.

He looks at his laptop and reads the email he received from Dew Drop Heels.

"This is the fourth fucking these motherfuckers are asking to let their filthy shoes be sold at a higher price!" He sneers. "We have been kind enough to let them increase the price and look what happened! Our joint venture sales have been terrible! And these bastard's heels aren't even beautiful per se!"

"I told you that this JV with Dew Drop Heels would be disastrous." Said Mr. Oberoi as he sat on the seat opposite RK's. "Even Madhav said the same. But you didn't listen. Instead you ratted him out of the company and stripped him off his wealth."

RK rested his head on the table. "Not one soul in this company respects me now. The HODs, the overseas managers, the janitors, the security, the interns. Oberoi, the interns don't respect me anymore! And and that Starbucks lady refused to make me a cup of coffee yesterday! Don't get me started on Madhav's secretary: Pranav! That man looks at me like I'm the freaking devil!"

"Well, it's because they despise you for what you did to Madhav. Madhav has done so much for the company, the staff, the interns; especially those coming from unprivileged families. In their eyes, Madhav is a hero, and because of what you did, you have become the villain in their eyes."

"Oberoi, what do I do?" RK asks sighing in defeat. "We are falling!"

Oberoi stands up and leans close to RK. "Bring him back."

* * * * *

"No way!" Madhav exclaims shaking his head. "No way am I doing that!"

"Come on, machan!" Sivaji sighs. "We're asking you to shave that beard off!"

"No fuck!" Madhav whispers crossing his arms. He was wearing a black tee-shirt and a pearl white veshti with it. "I already trimmed my beard really short!"

"That's great! Seriously!" Ashok says. "Now all you have to do is shave the entire thing off!"

"What the-" Madhav starts when Shyaam intervenes.

"It's okay, a little bit of facial hair is not going to be a problem." Shyaam holds Madhav's arm. He leans close to Madhav's ear "Unless the missus wants you to be clean shaved."

"Truth be told, you looks less menacing when you're clean shaved." Ahaana shrugs. "I have no clue how my bestie fell for this menacing and frightening face!"

Madhav smiles and takes off his tee-shirt to change into his crisp white shirt. "Yo, shouldn't you be with Shree right now?"

"Yeah, but Her Royal Highness chased me out, because I was pulling her leg too much!" Ahaana says as she meddles with her smartphone. "It won't take long until she chases Devi out."

Madhav looks at Shyaam.

"Also, remind me to have a small talk with Amma and Lakshmi Ma after the wedding." He tells Shyaam. "About your wedding to Devi. I should have talked to both of them soon, I'm sorry-"

"Nah, don't be." Shyaam says. "You can make up for it by letting Madhouse be Devi's flowergirl."

"Sure, I think Madhu would love that." Madhav nods as he buttons his shirt buttons. Madhav smiles. "Also, it's Madhushree, not Madhouse. Dei, you'll get beaten up by her if you call her that one more time."