PART 1

Hey ennadi idhu ?? ipdi nanainjunpoi vandhurukka ?? ...maapla enga ??

Asked a worried Parvathy , to a rain-drenched , dripping wet Mullai.

Her beloved daughter had gone for an evening outing with her fiance . Although she was aversive to these urban trends of going out after getting hitched , she was not able to put off her future son in law's genuine request.

Apparently her son in law's Country head was in town , and wanted to meet the woman who managed to knock off his favourite employee's infamous ego , and turned him into an all smitten teeny.

So, when Kathir dropped in the day before , and seeked their permission for an evening to take their princess out , they didnt have the heart to object.

Even her age old inhibitions were put to rest , when he said ' batharama kootitu poitu..kootitu vandhurren atha..amma kitta kooda sonnen ...avanga lum prachanai illa..kootitu polam nu dan sonnanga...8 manikku sharp ah konduvandhu viturren atha '.

Before she could reply , she heard her husband jumping in " ada adhukku enna maapla....akka ippa dan pesunaanga....sandhoshama kootitu poitu vaanga .."

He said glancing at his doll , who was biting her lips away in nervousness , now beaming to glory with her fathers approval.

They felt content, relishing in the fact that her daughter was about to be married married into , one of the most respected family in their hometown , and their to be son-in-law was no less than a prince , except that , he often graced them with his presence in a bullet , rather than a white mare.

"Pch...yen ma naan vandha venama unakku ?? Maapla dan venum na ...avar veetuku poiden.." Mullai spat out at her mother , pulling her back from her thoughts and confusing her more , if that was possible .

She seemed all happy and glowing when she dressed up in the evening.
Humming her favorite song , she wore a simple white salwar , and put on minimal make up , when she insisted her to wear a few ornaments , but she rejected them straight away, choosing a simple golden drop earring , and a delicate chain with a heart shaped pendant. Nevertheless , her daughter was a glistening beauty ! Crackling her knuckles to ward off any evil that dared to touch her, she sent her children to have their time.

What went wrong now ??

Asking Mullai at this hour , would be like inviting thunders along with this downpour, so she did the obvious.

"Sollunga atha....sonna madiri Mullai ya time kondu vandhu vittuten pathingala ??..." he chuckled , as soon as he picked up her call.

She loved how Kathir spoke to her , uninhibited, like family.

"Saridhan maapla...neengalum ulla vandhu irundhu irukkalam..apdiye poitinga..." she trailed , testing waters.

"Vandhu iruppen atha...mazha romba adhigama aiduchu...adan vasal laye Mullai ya erakkivida vendiyadha pochu..." she smiled too , hearing his awkward laugh from the other side.

"Veetuku poitingala maapla..."

"Illa atha..vazhila mazhai romba vegama aiduchu..adan oru kadaikku pakkathula niruthui irukken atha...cab book panni irukken...sikiramey poiduven..neenga edhum yosikkadhinga.."

"Ohh saringa maapla..." she heaved a breath of relief. "Maapla..adhu Mulla konjam oru maadiri...anga edhum.." she hesitated , what if she escalates anything that was negligible ??

"Adhu onnum illa atha...ava veetukku ulla vara sonna...naan dhan late aagum nu kelambitten.. adan kovam pola...naan samadhana paduthikkuren atha...neenga edhum.."