𝟥𝟢 | 𝖡𝖠𝖣 𝖮𝖴𝖳𝖢𝖮𝖬𝖤𝖲

CORINNE HAD FINALLY MADE her return to school from the long nearly two-week-long teacher strike

CORINNE HAD FINALLY MADE her return to school from the long nearly two-week-long teacher strike. "What y'all talking bout?" She asks, sitting on Paris' lap in Spanish.

"Who going to hell for real and who not." Meech answers.

"I hope you know yo nigga going straight to hell. No purgatory. Straight to hell." Five says.

"No, he not. He a sweetheart." Corinne couldn't help but defend him, even though she had her doubts. He was the sweetest person to her. "That nigga like the Devil. He been shooting niggas and shit over you."

"No, he didn't." Corinne shakes her head.

"How the hell you forget he shot yo first boyfriend?" Meech asks. They didn't know that she didn't know about that situation. "When he do that?" She questions.

"When he do what?" Five immediately starts playing the nut roll.

"Now y'all gotta tell me." She sits up.

"Tell her or I'mma tell yo momma you cheated on me again and that's why we broke up for good this time," Paris tells Meech. They lied and claimed they broke up because they grew apart.

"I don't know. Like the end of September." Meech shrugs.

"Man, it's something with him every month." Five shakes his head. "I know right. September, it was Milo. October, it's the Feds." Paris agrees making Corinne stop her fingers from typing on her phone's keyboard.

"The Feds?" Corinne asks. "Yeah, cause of that-" Five starts making Meech hit him. "No, let him talk." She says.

"Let D tell you," Meech tells her. "No, Keenan finna tell me. Right now."

"I can't tell you. I'm sorry." Five shakes his head.

"Paris..." Corinne starts.

"You tell her and I'mma send yo momma yo nudes." Meech threatens her. "Wow...so y'all not gone tell me?" She asks, taking Paris' arms from around her waist. "I would but-" Five starts.

"Ain't no buts. Remember that." She says, standing up while grabbing her bookbag and purse. "Where are you going?" Meech asks.

"Away from y'all." She says.

"You so dramatic." He shakes his head as she walks away.

"I don't care." She says moving to sit with Korinne and her friend Terrell.

$ $ $

After school, Corinne avoided going to her locker entirely because she knew she couldn't ignore her friends for long. She couldn't hold a grudge to save her life. Corinne went to her salon suite about two hours earlier than her first lash appointment to set up so she could spend her free time doing her homework. She was using it as a distraction to keep herself from going crazy.