chapter 2

My phone rang.

Taking it out from beneath my tux, I answered the call.

"Father."

"(y/n)," he said. "Are you with class 1a?"

"I am."

"I see."

Silence.

"Make sure they don't die."

"Of course."

Silence.

"Make sure All Might doesn't die."

"Of course."

The call ended.

Staring at the scene in front of me, I impassively put my phone away, not bothering to question how he knew what is happening.

My dad, the previous daemon heir, watched over All Might. It wasn't surprising to see that he'd gotten attached to the number one hero, having followed through the hero's journey to becoming the best.

And now I was in charge of the next number one hero, noting that All Might chose Midoriya as his successor.

How did I know?

...

The two aren't really the best at being secretive.

Below me, Bakugou and the League appeared out of the black slime they were covered in earlier.

"Augh," the ash-blonde coughed, "it smells like shit! The hell is this?"

The group of students stiffened after hearing their classmate's voice.

The mole villain, or All for One, sauntered over to Shigaraki.

"You've failed again, Tomura, but you absolutely cannot get discouraged." Motioning to the others, All for One continued. "I have brought your comrades and even Bakugou. Try as many times as you'd like. I'm here for you after all." 

Finally finding some courage, Midoriya tried to move, but Iida stopped him. A good choice, if you asked me. None of them would've stood a chance against All for One. The students were all dripping in sweat from pressure alone. What makes you think they could've done anything?

...

Am I being too pessimistic?

Oh well.

Out of nowhere, All Might flew from the sky, heading straight for All for One. The villain countered both of the number one hero's fists with his bare hands, breaking the ground beneath his feet. Upon impact, a huge gust of wind blew both dust and people away.

"So you've come, All Might."

"I'm not going to make the same mistake I did five years ago!" the hero shouted, jumping back and glaring harshly at All for One. Immediately following his words, All Might dashed towards the villain again, only for him to release a powerful blast that sent the hero away at a frightening pace towards a city.

Seeing where the hero was about the collide, I held out a finger, and a little white clock appeared in front of it. I opened my mouth.

"Time."

A bell-like sound jingled and everything stopped. The villain still had his arm up, All Might was in midair, and everyone has their eyes wide in shock.

The whole world was paused.

Floating toward the crowded buildings where the hero was about to crash into, I scanned the area for people and teleported them away from the scene, not wanting anyone to die when the buildings came falling down.

Once I finished relocating around 300 civilians, I walked back towards where I was previously standing before holding out my finger again.

"Start."

As if I hit the play button, the world instantly resumed and All Might hurled back, leaving gaping holes in the buildings as they came crumbling down.

"ALL MIGHT!" Bakugou screamed.

Ignoring the boy's cry, All for One used another one of his quirks, and black, rigid wires protrude from his fingers. He used them to activate Kurogiri's warp, seeing that he was unconscious.

"Tomura, get everyone out of here," All for One ordered, retracting his fingers from Kurogiri's chest.

From miles away, All Might got up, piles of debris trickling down him. He staggered a little before marking his position and flying back to the scene.

Reeling back his arm, he yelled, "you aren't getting away!" before again clashing with All for One.

As the two biggest foes fought, Bakugou and the League battled on the sidelines, the student keeping his distance from the six others. 

If I'm being honest, Bakugou may have the best combat sense in all of class 1a. In the midst of this life-or-death situation, he seemed to be doing well despite the immense anxiety he must've felt.

...I hoped he wouldn't die.

For a split second, I forgot about the students in hiding, immersed in the entertainment in front of me. But after hearing a sudden blast from behind, I found myself making eye contact with Midoriya, who goes flying with Iida and Kirishima by utilizing Todoroki's ice as a ramp. I don't think Midoriya even processed seeing me in that narrow time frame, noting that he's already meters away.

"Bakugou!" Kirishima shouted in the air. "Come here!"

The ash-blonde smirked before blasting away with his explosions, grabbing onto his friend's hand and flying away with them.

From below, Todoroki and Momo began running away as well.

They actually saved Bakugou.

They were successful.

I stood awestruck, watching as the students flew away into the air, away from the League.

For the first time in my life, I feel my mouth curve upward.