Prologue

You guys have no idea how excited I am to show you Quinn, let alone the first few chapters. I hope you guys enjoy it!

Edit: Hey guys, I just wanted to say that @AlisRajput wrote to me and brought up a really good point about this series. Right now, Norah should be 22 years old which I accidentally overlooked while planning/writing this book. So sorry about this little mix-up, and I'll be going through book 3 to try and correct this but it might take a bit a time. So if you're reading this and notice that I mention Norah being 19 or younger than 22 it's a mistake and I haven't fixed it yet. I just wanted to come on here and let you guys know what is going on and hopefully I can get this resolved pretty quickly : )

Quinnlyn 

Quinnlyn pinned him against the wall, giant hands pulling her closer. Their tongues danced, flicking against the other in a game of dominance that she was winning. She pulled away, to tease, to get a reaction, savoring the pleasure as his lips tried to follow.

He tried to bring her mouth back but she clucked her tongue, running a finger around her mouth.

"For a big strong dragon rider, you're huffing and puffing and we haven't gotten to the far part," she purred, her voice slow and melodic like molasses poured from a jar.

Xavier panted, eyes wide, pupils dilated. His hands drifted down her curves, then slid up her black skirt.

She smiled and leaned in to his ear, whispering in just the right way to make him shudder and feel the bulge between his legs turn rock hard. Seducing was an art form Quinn wasn't built for but made for. Every man had a weakness, like the confidence of a woman until that confidence was turned on them. Then it became ego. Attitude.

"So eager." She traced a long nail down his neck, careful to scratch him in just the right way to make him wince. Everyone liked a little pain with their pleasure, but she added a dash more for hers.

She pressed her black lips against his ear, flipped a lock of pale pink hair over her shoulder and let her intoxicating scent of berries and pears brewed in sweet, dark wine engulf him.

"What would you do for me?" She coaxed, unbuttoning his shirt that was nearly black in the dark room, and traced little red marks across his muscled chest.

"Anything," he breathed, cupping the area between her legs. Already wet.

It made her shriveled heart pound, her insides throb in anticipation.

Quinnlyn's lips peeled into a sharp, awful smile. "Then scream."

She plunged her nails into his shoulder, long and sharp enough to hit bone.

Xavier's face contorted, and Quinn crashed her lips onto his, drinking in his scream. She dug in one of her blades into his thigh, her nerves lighting into a storm of explosions as the man groaned and quivered.

Quinnlyn shuddered, moaning.

He blinked at her, his pupils tightening as her embrace wore off. Xavier took one look at her nails, her slitted gold-orange eyes that glowed in the dark like a predator. He noticed and the two tails on the small of her back, arcing through the air and into body parts.

His fists moved, away from her body and to her beautiful face.

He was fast, but she was faster, a blur of purples and pinks and black. The blades at the ends of her tail pinned his hands to the wall. She yanked out her nails, dripping red and sunk it between his legs.

He screamed, legs buckling and Quinnlyn pulled her tails out from him, letting him crumble between her legs. He was a big man, a typical dragon rider, corded with muscle so his fall was clunky, like a dresser tipping over. But even that was muffled over the music.