A Face in the Fire

"14

"14."

harry pov

*FLASH*

I felt like I had been blinded the camera flash was so bright. The other champions and I were posing for a picture for the Daily Prophet.

"What a charesmatic quartet." A lady said while examining us. She had bright blonde hair, all green clothes, and dark red lipstick on.

"I'm Rita Skeeter." She introduced while coming up to shake each of our hands. "I write for the Daily Prophet. But of course you know that, don't you?"

I did not know that and judging by the faces of my peers, they didn't either.

"Its you we don't know. You're the juicy news. What quirks lay below those pretty little cheeks?" She asked us while getting a little to close for comfort. 

"What mysteris do the muscles mask? Does courage lie beneath those curls? In short what makes a champion, tick?"

She slapped Cedric and I on the backs while saying that last bit.

"We all want to know. So which of you wants to go first?" None of us said anything and she rolled her eys. She grabbed my arm and started dragging me to another room.

"Shall we start with the youngest? Lovely."

She dragged me into a closet and shut the door. "Hm, this is cozy."

"Its a broom cupboard." I said.

"Wel you should feel right at home then. Don't mind if I use a quick notes quill do you?" 

I wasn't completely sure what a quick notes quill was but I shook my head no anyway.

We sat on two boxes in the back of the closet and she crossed her legs. "So Harry, here you sit, a mere boy of 12--"

"I'm 14."

"-about to compete against 3 students not only vastly more emotionally more mature than yourself, but that have mastered spells that you wouldn't attempt in your dizziest daydreams. Concerned?"

"I-i don't know I haven't really thought about it." I peered at what the quill was writing.

"Ignore the quill." She snapped. "But of course you're no ordinary boy of 12 are you?"

"14."

"Your storys legend. Do you think it was the trauma of your past that made you so keen to enter such a dangerous tournament?"

"N-no I didn't enter."

"Of course you didn't." She winked at me and I realizd she thought I was lying. "Everyone loves a rebel, Harry."

She looked over to the quill. "Scratch that last." She turned back towards me "Speaking of your parents Harry, were they alive, would they be proud? Concerned?"