22 | moments

Jay~

Jay~

"Where are we going?" Ally asked while getting into my car.

"To my house. My mom misses you," I told her before leaving the university's premises. "She keeps looking for you."

"Oh, really?" Her shoulders dropped down and she seems guilty.

"She already knows." I stepped on the gas and we're finally on the way home. Ally's eyes grew wide and she hid her face in pure embarrassment. She's so damn cute.

"She knows... the things I said to you at Disneyland? Wait no- how much does she know? Should I tell auntie about her son too? That might be a fun story to tell." She teased me and I just scoffed.

"She already knows as well. She's aware that her son's a bastard." I stuck my tongue out and she shook her head.

We finally made it home safely, and mom was already waiting at the door for my arrival. She always waits for me while staring out the window and greets me with open arms everyday. I love my mom so much, she's literally the sweetest.

Today she didn't know that there's a special guest, so her eyes just completely went wide. She ran up to Ally and hugged her tightly.

"You're finally back! It's hard having nobody to cook for, other than Jay. He's a glutenous kid, but I miss feeding two!" My mom completely adores her... I think even more than last time, probably because she knows that I like this girl.

"I miss you too. I'll come back more often to visit you." I could tell that Ally was about to cry, but she held back her tears.

"You look even prettier, but I really think you need to be fed with good food. What do you want for dinner?" My mom completely stole Ally away, even locking arms with her to the kitchen.

"The kimbap you used to make, back when Jay and I were still in elementary school. It was absolutely delicious, and I've been craving it for a while."

"I'll even give you the full ensemble. Go ahead and have some fun for now, you two! I'll call you over once the food is ready." She winked at me and I gagged.

I took Ally to my bedroom, like what we used to normally do before. This time however, it's definitely much different. I feel so nervous being in such a small space with her- I don't know if it's just me, but the atmosphere is much heavier.

"Wow, our polaroids!" Ally smiled while staring at them. I took the pictures and pinned them onto a cork board that I recently purchased. "You should put up your pictures with Elle as well."

"We broke up already." I announced and Ally gasped.

"What? When? Why?" She put her hands on my shoulders and began patting. I just smiled and took her hands into mine.

"Three months ago. After our Disneyland trip, we broke up because of wrong timing and personal conflicts. She's busy, and I wasn't as happy anymore. It was the best decision for us." I told her somewhat truthfully.

"You didn't tell me this. It must have been so hard for you... how could you handle this all by yourself?" Ally looked at me in genuine concern, then pulled me into a warm embrace.

"It wasn't too bad, it just felt very lonely. I finally understand the frustration of having nobody listening to you. I'm so sorry." I rested my chin on top of her head, as we continued to hug. It felt very comforting, and the height difference I didn't even realize was there just made my heart flutter.

"I'm also sorry for not being there for you during that tough time." She pinched my cheeks and I felt my tear ducts begin to act up again.

I wanted to tell her that I'm glad she wasn't there, because I don't know what I could have done... but I decided to just keep my mouth shut.

___________________________

Ally~

Jay and I spent most of the time catching up with each others lives- and although it was very awkward in the beginning, I feel so comfortable being with him again.

I admit, he definitely has changed. He seems much more relaxed and very interested in everything I say. He's much more passive and cheerful.

"Do you have a girlfriend right now?" I asked him and he just shook his head.

"No way! Haven't had one since Elle... not even blind dates. I'm on a hiatus until I find my future wife." Jay suddenly glanced at me and gulped.

"That's so cute!" I chuckled.

Moments later, his mom came into his room to tell us that the food's ready. We went downstairs and sat adjacent to each other, while auntie sat on the other side. The aroma lingered throughout the kitchen, and it reminded me of our childhood allover again.

She made so much. Kimbap as I requested, as well as tteokbokki, dumplings, and even ramen. No wonder it took a while- she literally went all out.

"Thank you so much, this is a lot." My eyes were twinkling at the sight of such good food. All my favourites.

"Eat up!" She placed some onto our plates after paying respect.

"Wow! If I had to marry anything, it would be your cooking." I complimented her because it tastes crazy amazing.

"My son cooks just as well, take him into consideration!"

_________________________

Chapters this week are kinda interesting hehheheh

⭐️

Song: TXT (투모로우바이투게더) — 20cm

(LYRICS: when a friend he grew up with suddenly has a 20cm height difference. The more he's growing, the more his heart grows for this person as well. He's starting to fall for his childhood friend)