12 || learning

BELLAMY WAS ASLEEP, THE CAMP WAS SOUNDLESS AND I WAS FEELING SNEAKY.

I looked down at my wound and saw that there was a bit of black blood leaking through the gauze. It hurt pretty bad but I needed to be brave and tough and just suck it up. This is the ground, we can't afford to be weak down here.

I carefully slid off of the bed I had been resting on. Bellamy looked absolutely exhausted. He was snoring lightly with his head resting on the side of the table. He had stayed with me all night. I couldn't imagine how he was feeling. I mean, if it were him on that operating table and I was in his position, I would be going insane.

I tip-toed toward the ladder, luckily I wasn't wearing any shoes, it was just my socks, so I wasn't making any noise. I carefully stepped up the ladder, making as little noise as possible as I climbed up each rung. 

I made it to the third level, where I heard someone say the Grounder was. I tried being as silent as possible when I opened the hatch. I cringed while it creaked as I opened it, hoping no one heard. Up on the third level, Miller was asleep, sitting against a wall. I liked Miller. He had good intentions.

On the other side of the room, Lincoln was chained up in a standing position, each of his limbs outstretched and tied up. His body was covered in bruises, cuts and dried blood. He was half asleep so he didn't hear me come up.

I knew Miller was a heavy sleeper, seriously, the guy could sleep through a war. I knew it was safe to talk at a normal tone, but I whispered anyway.

"Lincoln, psst." I said quietly as I creeped up to the Grounder. He slowly looked up and met eyes with me. He loosened his tense state as he saw me, he seemed relieved.

"I can't speak English here, it isn't safe. You understand me, right?" Lincoln whispered in his language. I somewhat got it.

"Sort of," I said in a quiet tone.

"Are you okay? What happened to you? Who stabbed you?" He bombarded me with questions.

"Hold on, slow down," I cut him off. "I have no idea what any of that meant, but I'm okay. A man with a tattoo on his eye came searching for you, but when he saw me instead, he threw a knife and ran off.

"Nyko," Lincoln muttered to himself. "Did this man have a beard?" I nodded. "He didn't see your blood?" I shook my head and quickly grabbed a bottle of water that was sitting next to Miller.

I got on my tip toes and put the bottle to Lincoln's lips, allowing him to drink. He looked wrecked. He had one black eye, a busted lip, bruises everywhere and cuts and burns all over his body, it was actually quite disturbing knowing that Bellamy did this.

I tried breaking him free but it was no use, I couldn't do it in my weakened state. "I'm sorry, I would break you out if I could. Maybe I can get Octavia to help me tomorrow," I sighed.

"It's okay, young one. Just take care of yourself," A weak smile played at his lips.

I smiled back and grabbed a small stool, sitting down across from him. "I wanna know more. About my blood and what it has to do with your people."

Lincoln looked hesitant. I gave him my dazzling puppy dog eyes that I knew no one could resist and eventually he gave in after a few seconds of contemplation. 

"Young one, your blood is special. It is special to my people." He started. There was no way I was going to fall for this, he was stalling.

"Yeah, I know my blood's special. I wanna know why." I deadpanned.