chapter seventeen

||Love your demons||

Luke gripped my hand firmly, guiding me through the woods as the sun smiled upon us. I never felt more happy to be away from the Pack, from Don and his foolish ways which made me question why he was even an Alpha. But the fear was still devouring my insides slowly and the monsters ratteling their cages begging for release but I refused and places up extra walls to stop them breaking free.

What will Bree do when she gets back from fight school and i'm no where to be seen? what will Marylin do? the two of them were the only ones who really loved me, Don certainly didn't.

Once we reached his pack we were greeted with surprised faces and dropped jaws as we wondered through the pack, some people stopped their training session to watch us enter the Pack house but quickly returned to their dialy routines once we were out of sight.

"Wlecome Back Alpha Luke" We were approached a girl, about my height, with fiery ginger hair which was wild and untamed yet still, she managed to look good with it. Her grey eyes were seemed to light up when she saw us, or should I say when she saw Luke.

When she saw me, with my hand intwined with Luke's her smile faded, her grey eyes turned obsidian and I chewed my lip furiously.

"Hello Kiera" Luke said.

"Hello" Her smile wad radient like the sun when she spoke to Luke, did she like him or something? She turned to me, her smile fading but she quickly hid it and slipped on a small smile which was as Fake as the so called 'diamond' ring Bree got from her ex boyfriend. "Hello, Luna Faye" She spat out the words, I could tell she was trying desperatly to keep them in but that wasn't what had me stunned.

She called me Luna. she called me luna only the Alpha picks his Luna, he only picks her if he is serious about being with her. Even after death, he would still love her. Does that mean Luke is serious about me?

My eyes drifted from Kiera to Luke looking for some sort of explanation, All I got was his small, typical smirk he would always do when he was trying to hide something. I blushed and tucked stay strands of my brown hair behind my ear before glancing up to see Kiera's grey eyes shooting daggers at me. Was she jealous of Luke and I? did she want the alpha all to herself?

She composed herself, her smile returning when she spoke to Him. "Her room is ready"

Luke nodded and let go of my hand "I'll come to your room after I take care of a few stuff" He smiled.

from the corner of my eyes I saw Kiera's fists clench and eyes look away from the scene in front of her.

"Kiera will show you to your room, see you in a few minutes" He leaned in and kissed my cheek. before dissapearing out the two wooden double doors.
I was left with Kiera standing with arms flat by her sides and lips pressed in a straight line.

She may have looked calm but they say the eyes are the window to the soul and for that split second, I swear I saw her soul breaking.
She flipped her hair off of her shoulders and began walking, quickly I lightly jogged to keep up with her.

"He really loves you" she said dryly with no emotion in her tone what so ever, she struggled to say those simple words to me. She struggled to cope with the fact Luke was mine and I was his.

"Thank you um...are you his Beta?" I just had to ask, I knew they were close, I could tell with the way they spoke to each other. How calm she was around him, they must have spent time together for them to act like that because frankly, a pack member Would speak to his Alpha like they were in some kind of military base or something.

"Yes, we've known each other since we were kids" she said, she had a sort of irritation in her tone, it was icy and brought chills to my back.

I nodded my head I understanding.

Soon we reached a Wooden door which was carefully crafted with a small crescent moon on the front of it, it looked exactly like the necklace Luke gave me.
I pulled it out of my top and traced it, it was exactly the same.

Kiera glared at me and turned the knob, I stepped in and stood in awe.
The room was brightly lit by a beautiful and large chandelier on the cealing, the walls were red decorated with black roses and the carpet was red and gold along with a burgandy coloured circular fluffy rug surrounding the queen sized bed.

The bed its self was astonishing, white and gold sheets were spread on the bed along with a red blanket at the bottom of the bed as an extra layer.
The pillows were red and white, about five of them making it looked cosy and comfortable.

Luke didn't have to give me this kind of bedroom, I felt like I didn't deserve it. It was too beautiful.

"There are some extra clothes in the wardrobe, Luke picked out the ones which he thouhght best suited you" Kiera said. I wondered over to the large wardrobe leaning against the wall opposite the bed.

The doors opened and I stood there smiling like an idiot, beautiful dresses, tops, jeans and shoes were patiently waiting for me to wear them. I felt like a Princess. Stupid but it was true.

"Well, i'll be going now" She said.

"Kiera?" I quickly said before her slim finger disappeared into the hallway.

"Thank you, Luke is lucky to have you" I meant what I said. It was like my approval of her satisfied her needs. Her eyes glowed and a sincere smile slid onto her lips.

"Thank you, see you in a few minutes Luna Faye"

The door slammed.

Just being called a Luna brought goose bumps to my skin. The moon goddess granted us with Mates when a wolf saved her lover, mates were the other half of you. I needed Luke more than anything.
I just want to be with him until the day I die but the thought of Don succeeding in the attack and killing Luke dawned on me, I just hoped the moon Goddess would spare his life.

~*****~

Okkaaiiii soooo Kiera does like Luke, you can just tell haha but I'm sooo confused right because I read this book on here and it said that like the Alpha found his Luna or something so I thought the Luna is the Alpha's mate so I did some research to make sure this was true bc I didn't want to go off from the facts of wolves.
And this guy on some website said to the person who asked the question about the Luna wolf said that the alpha female is not called the Luna it's simply called the Alpha female.

So I dunno if it's true or not but I'm sticking with calling Faye the Luna because saying 'Alpha female Faye' just doesn't cut it for me, so I apologise if I offend anyone by not going with the facts of wolves xx

Have a lovely day xoxox !

~Mubanga