84

The guys and I walked around the ballroom for a while searching each corner of the room.

"There's no secret passage ways. Let's give up." Jake said as he plopped down in one of the chairs. "Come on brother, we're explorers!" Colby said and clapped his hand on Jake's shoulder. "I'm bored and want Taco Bell." He said as I snorted.

"We just ate pizza, dude." I said as he shrugged. "Doesn't matter. I want a burrito now." Jake said as I looked up at the ceiling.

I let my eyes scan every detail of the molding until there was a small break in the wood. You wouldn't have noticed it unless you were really looking.

"Guys." I said, interrupting their conversation about Taco Bell. "What's up?" Sam asked as I pointed to the break in the wood.

"Give me a boost." I said then nudged Colby. "Why? What's up there?" He asked as they all looked at the spot I was pointing. "You don't see it?" I asked as he shook his head. "I see the ceiling..is that what we are supposed to be seeing?" He asked as I shook my head.

"Just give me a boost." I said as he shrugged then crouched down so I could sit on his shoulders. "There's a little break in the wood. It wouldn't be there if there wasn't a purpose for it." I said as I let my fingers graze the wood.

"How did you even see that?" Corey asked as I wedged my finger into the space, trying to pull it. "She's a badass." Sam said as I pulled at the wood. When I did this that panel that was lined up with the space in the wood popped out.

"Woah!" Jake said as Sam breathed out a laugh. "Well shit. Violet is a better explorer than us." He said as Colby crouched down so I could get off his shoulders.

As soon as my feet were on the ground Colby turned me around and kissed me. "That was hot as hell." He mumbled against my lips as I smirked. "We haven't found anything yet." I said with a giggle as I turned towards the wall.

"It doesn't open that much." Sam said as he pulled at the hidden door that was just revealed. "I can fit, can you hold this?" I asked and pulled my phone out of my pocket. "You're gonna go in there alone?" Colby asked as I shrugged. "Yeah, I wanna see what's in there." I said as he took my phone.

"Just be careful okay?" Colby asked as I nodded and tried to slip into the narrow crevice. I could barely fit so there was no way any of the guys were going to fit.

When I got through the opening I reached my arm out. "I need a light." I said as Colby handed me my phone. "Are you gonna be okay in there?" Colby asked nervous as I turned my flashlight on.

"Woah.." I said and looked at the abandoned hallway. "Yeah, I'm fine." I said and started walking around so I could explore.

"What do you see?" Sam asked as I looked at the rickety stairs in front of me. There were dusty paintings and filing cabinets scattered around the hallway meaning they probably used these areas for storage.

"Uhhh...a lot of shit." I said then went over to the filing cabinet. "Try to record while you're in there, we wanna see." Sam called out as I opened the drawer.

When I did this a bunch of moths came flying out causing me to shriek slightly. "Are you okay?!" Colby called out as I started to record.

"Yeah, I'm good!" I called out then looked in the drawer. "Woah." I whispered then pulled out a box that was in the cabinet.

It was a metal box with flower detailing, it was rusting from age but beautiful nonetheless.

When I opened it I felt my heart sink. There was a necklace with a note next to it.