Chapter 1

Author's Notes:

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

Past

Their lips met one another. 

And for that one single moment, it felt like the entire world had come to a stop. 

For in that one moment, it felt as if the world knew peace. 

Because in that one moment, the world, no, the universe, understood that they were witnessing the infrequent instance of pure and untainted love between two souls. 

Through the touch of their lips, every other emotion faded away from their bodies, leaving behind only love and bliss. 

Soon enough, Jisu found both her front teeth being lightly pushed by Yeji's tongue, asking for permission to enter. 

Jisu responded with an open heart, allowing both their tongues to envelope one another. It was a small act that carried a large significance. 

To Yeji, it was Jisu fully surrendering herself to Yeji, giving the keys to her heart, an act based upon the trust and love they had for one another. 

To Jisu, it was her accepting that she was and always will be Yeji's, that only Yeji could give the happiness and love she wanted and deserved. 

As the night grew, so did their love for one another, beyond what they thought was imaginable. They became lost within one another, within their gaze, within their bodies, and most of all within their hearts. 

It didn't matter what the outside world had in store for them.

It didn't matter that the world outside was dark and evil, unjust and foul.

They had one another. And that was more than enough. 

That night, they explored every inch of their mind, body and soul, fully embracing one another, fully surrendering themselves to each other.

-----

The next morning, with the sun from the window slit shining brightly across her face, Jisu slowly opened her heavy eyelids as she rolled onto her left side. Expecting her arm to wrap around her partner's warm body, instead was the cold cloth surface of her pillow. Confused, Jisu forced herself to sit up, rubbing both her eyes with the back of her arm to fully understand her surroundings, only to realize she was alone in her room. 

Yeji was gone. 

Jisu, visibly confused, grabbed her phone that was charging beside her bed and lightly tapped the screen, expecting a text from Yeji explaining where she had gone only to be disappointed that there was no text from Yeji and only texts from both her and Yeji's bestest friends; Ryujin, Chaeryeong and Yuna. All three were asking where the two went the night before. 

Before Jisu could reply, out of the corner of her eye she spots a small paper note folded in half. Quickly grabbing and unfolding it revealed a small note from Yeji:

Had to go, something urgent came up.

I Love you.

It was only 2 words and 8 letters, yet Jisu's heart couldn't stop itself from beating twice as fast, her cheeks went flush with red. Not wanting to lose the note, Jisu carefully slips it in her phone case, safely tucking it in between the two flat surfaces. I'll thank her when I see her at school.