chapter 67

New cover by TheOfficialSemiloore

KIKIOPE

I felt a tap on my body but I slapped the hand away, the tap continued and I had no other choice than to open my eyes, that was when I realized we were already in the morning.

"Ah, it's morning already, why didn't you wake me? I've missed IVY class this morning," I rushed out of the bed and headed out of the room only to realize they weren't following me.

"Have you guys had your bath nii?" I turned back to Bimpe and Doyin who had a mischievous smile on their face.

"We haven't taken our bath," Doyin replied and I creased my brows.

"Why?"

"Today is public holiday," Bimpe announced and my eyes widened before it turned into a frown.

"Why did you na wake me?" I rushed towards them, and they split up quickly before erupting into laughter.

"It's funny that you woke up late today, we were worried, being the first person that always wakes up, it surprised us that you were still sleeping," Doyin explained amidst laughter and I rolled my eyes.

"I was tired," I yawned before climbing my bed, and they joined me.

"Tired indeed, when you left with Khalid only to come back late why won't you be tired?" Bimpe eyed me.

"You missed the part that I came back late from the public speaking," I eyed her in return, and she chuckled.

"But you guys went out together and Bimpe got back to the hostel early," Doyin countered. Bimpe and I had represented the school the previous day, and we'd gone to the same place.

"Abi oo," Bimpe added.

"It's because you didn't see Kunmi, we all know that if you'd seen him, you won't be back until this morning."

"Ah ahn," they both said in unison and I smiled.

"You can exaggerate sha," Bimpe added and I smiled.

Doyin readjusted her sitting position beside me, "Eh ehn, Bimpe told me you were given a generator and the school took it."

I pursed my lips, "Yes oo, as if I don't need it too or I can't sell it, this our school, they're big thieves, thank God they gave us money sha..."

Bimpe cut in, "Money that is still with Mr. Nala and the school."

"They'll sha give us on the assembly tomorrow," I said.

"That's if they don't split the money, you remember how they split me and Khalid's money when we went out for Olympiad last week," Doyin reasoned and I nodded.

"It's because the two of you are stupid, they know better than to do that to Bimpe and I, when is not that they want to die, I trust Mr. Nala sha, he knows he can't do such and the school after collecting my generator, they'll now split the money again, how much is even the money they want to split?"

"I was awarded fifty thousand while you were given thirty," Bimpe enunciated.

I nodded, "So, they'll na split that one, when it's not as if they're crazy."

Bimpe wanted to respond but the appearance of a junior student stopped her.

"Senior Bimpe, Mr. Nala wants to see you."

We all shared a look before Bimpe talked, "Why? Where is he?"

"He's at the matron's place."

"Okay, you can go."