Chapter 32

Gulf's POV

I am shaking. "What happened to him? Who would dare shot him? He has lots of bodyguards with him. Your dad is there, right? Are you joking?"

"Do you think I will joke about this?" He was driving to the hospital.

I run to the VIP room.

My family was complete there.

"Where have you been?" I can feel that Gab is furious about me being late.

"I was at home. My battery was drained." I explained but it didn't satisfy him.

Mama and Thea were crying in the corner. They are the most affected by this sudden news.

Pops was lying in a hospital bed with machines attached to him.

"He will be okay, right?" I looked at dad.

"Trust him. Your pops is a tough old man." I know dad is concerned with pops too even though I always see them bickering with each other. "Where is your boyfriend by the way?"

I think it's not the right timing to say it yet. I know my dad so much. He will not stay quiet about if he knew.

"I haven't told him yet." He just nodded. I think he bought my excuse.

I just sit down on the couch quietly. Thea hugged me. I just let her sleep on my lap. I know how much she loves pops so much. I am aware that he is grandfather's favorite.

Cirrus messaged me if I want something.

"Just water, Cir."

Few minutes and he entered the room along with his father.

"Ric, why did you let it happen?" Mama faced the head guard, Cirrus' father. Dada held mama because we are not sure how will he react to this. He has been crying nonstop.

"Sorry, sir. I failed to protect." He has a gunshot wound on his shoulder too.

"I never expected this. He is too old for this." Mama cried again.

It was evening when finally pops became conscious.

"Why do you look so ugly?" We both know he was talking to mama.

"Pops."

He was shot in the stomach. He got a heart attack too. His body can't take it anymore.

"I can feel that I really have a short time left. Tharn you take care of my business. Gab, Gulf, and Thea I need you to help your dad."

He looked at me. "Please finish your studies. It will make me happy. I know what's happening with you." I know he is talking about Mew and me. Of course, pops would know everything.

"Sir, this is all my fault. I am so embarrassed to face you." Ric was crying.

"For 35 years of service Ric, imagine this is the first time I experienced being shot even if I receive death threats due to business conflicts every day. This is because of your capability. Just promise me, You'll protect this family too when I'm gone the way you protected me."

"I promise sir. I will assure you that we will protect them with our lives." Both Ric and Cirrus bowed to pops as a sign of respect.

"I can die peacefully then." He laughed weakly.

"Pops! No one is going to die." It was mama again.

Dad is just holding his wife to console him.

I was reminded by Mew again. Why does everything I do, I always think of him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Three days after and pops' body is not accepting all the medicines anymore. We know how much he tried to fight this battle but he lost. He was announced dead and all the biggest name in business was mourning with us.