Chapter 73

There I sat, staring motionlessly at my phone while my mind was somehow entirely empty

There I sat, staring motionlessly at my phone while my mind was somehow entirely empty. My dark brown eyes were fixed on the display, showing me once again the number of our anonymous leader Jang Yeeun.
Reading her name over and over again only caused the nervousness within me to increase, making it a lot harder to actually call the girl I had known for a long time.

As time passed, dark clouds had gradually found their way towards the headquarters, covering the once clear, baby blue sky and instead throwing a dull filter on the city. Scattered raindrops  pelted against the thick glass of the window, foreshadowing not only the imminent storm of Mother Nature, but also the upcoming one of my leader.

Procrastinating, I listened to the rhythmic and soothing sounds of the countless drops, somehow managing you pull myself together for just a second and pressing the call button not a moment later.
The phone rang a few times, my legs constantly fidgeting in the meantime.

"Sunghee?" it came from the other end of the line, my heart automatically dropping down to my pants as I could already hear the serious tone just by the simple calling of my own name.

"Yeah..." I answered meekly and immediately flinched when the girl suddenly started yelling at me.

"Where the fuck are you?!"

"I can explain-"

"Yuqi saw a few SVT members leaving your school yesterday, we've been looking for you ever since!"

Before I knew it, I already felt guilty when I heard the last sentence.
Why the hell didn't I inform anyone about my situation and well-being?
It wasn't my fault that I ended up in here, but I could've at least contacted them about last night.
With all the hustle, I completely forgot about my own gang members.

Frustrated, I prevented myself from sighing and instead rubbed my eyes in exhaustion. I would be lying if I said that the painkillers were completely effective.
It still hurt like shit, but I tried to move as little as possible and somehow get used to the continous stinging in my hip.

"Please don't be mad at me..." I continued talking and could feel what storm was sooner or later bound to approach me. Hesitating, my fingers were tensly playing with the hem of my borrowed shirt while I continued to lie on the bed of the guest room.

"I'm at NCT's headquarters..."

"What?!" it left her lips as fast a gunshot, only this time more worried than before. She was probably expecting the worst and you could clearly hear it in the tone of her distinctive voice.
"Are you a hostage?"

My mouth opened briefly, not sure how to answer her the question in the best way. If I told her the truth, it would probably be the end of me.
I would lose their trust, definitely my position within DGRNS as well and would probably widen the gap that was already betreen us.