Chapter 35

So on the side here I've attached the song Take me to Church. I feel like the song goes so well with Electra and Jared's story. If you'd like to see why I believe it does, then read the little blurb at the end about the song and my impression of it as related to Jared and Electra.

*****************

I finally made it to Wednesday. Half a week filled with school, friends, teaching Alex how to fight, and trying to be a girlfriend. I still wasn't really good at the last part. I'd only had one boyfriend in the past. I wasn't really sure Ian counted though.

I didn't know how it all worked, and our backgrounds kept me on edge. I felt like I hadn't been able to relax since I had told Jared I wanted to try.

When I was with him I was relaxed, I couldn't think about anything else. The moment he was gone however, was when it all settled in. The dangerous game we were playing, and Durin's words of warning. The full weight of what I was doing rested uneasily in my stomach.

I was sitting in my last class when I felt my phone vibrate. I pulled it out of my pocket looking at the screen.

Want to hang out after class?

I chewed on the eraser of my pencil, looking at the words. Did I want to? Yes.

I would love to, but I can't. I need to go somewhere. Don't know how long it will be.

It took almost no time at all for his reply.

Maybe after?

We'll see.

I smiled and pulled up another contact before typing up the message.

Can I meet with you in about an hour?

I continued biting the eraser, chunks flaking off. Better than biting my nails I supposed.

The response was an address followed by a phrase that had me rolling my eyes. See you there Little Jaguar.

When the bell rang, I packed my books into my bag and headed out. I was going to run home and grab my dad's bike again. I changed and headed out the building. A man standing next to a sleek, black car met me. He opened the door and greeted me with a smile.

Trevor had sent someone to drive me. I shook my head slightly and got in the car. The man went around and got behind the wheel.

I gave him the address and he pulled out of the parking lot. Within thirty minutes I was there.

I wasn't entirely sure where we were. I knew we'd left the city; it looked like we were in the middle of nowhere.

Do I really want to be in the middle of nowhere with a hunter? I asked myself.

I just had to remind myself that it was Durin. He helped me, he had warned me, and he was a friend. I didn't have to be afraid of him. Then again, as hunters we were professionals at lying. Had he been lying about wanting to help me, and about being there if I needed anything? Had I just missed it because I wanted to believe that someone was out there who was willing to help?

There was a motorcycle parked next to a small cabin. I got out of the back and walked toward it, glancing all around for anything suspicious.

The car pulled away and I swallowed hard. I had now been abandoned. I got more nervous the closer I got. I was stupid to trust Trevor; it had to be a setup. There was no way a member of a founding family would want to help my relationship with a werewolf.

The door to the front of the cabin opened with a squeak and Trevor poked his head out, a smile on his face.

I relaxed, but only slightly.