Part 29

I got back to the compound with Freya, I paused when I got the stairs and looked at her.

"What's going on with him?"

"He can't control himself."

I shook my head.

"You're wrong. Kol is stronger than any of you think. Stronger than he thinks. He just needs to believe it." I knew I was right with what I was saying.

"I hope you are right." I heard Freya mumble. I walked upstairs, feeling determined. I was going to show Kol that he was stronger then what he thought he was but first, I had to clue Lilly in otherwise she would go and bite Kol and that didn't sit right with me. I walked into her room, not bothering with knocking. Lilly grinned at me.

"Finally. Here, mummy Jordan can smother you with love." Lilly said in her baby voice, walking over and handing Hope to me.

"What?" I said a little confused. This was not what I was here to do. Lilly smiled at me.

"Please. Jackson called me and I need to go."

"But...but....but....." I found myself repeating, unable to form a sentence.

"It will be for a few hours. Rebekah isn't here and Jeremy has left and said he would be back later."

"What about Klaus?" I asked. he was Hope's father after all.

"On another 'I'm going to murder a bunch of witches until I get what I want' benders." Lilly informed me. mocking Klaus's voice. my lips twitched up.

"Well we need to talk when you get back." I said as she headed for the door.

"Of course. Hey, did you find Kol?" she asked, pausing halfway through the door.

"Yeah.....we can talk when you get back." I sighed.

"Ok. Bye my beautiful loves. See you soon." She waved heading out the door. I turned and looked at Hope. Her mixed of blue and green eyes starring at me.

"Just you and me hey."

I had spent three hours baby sitting Hope. I read to her some of the fairytale books I use to loved being read. I crunched my nose when reading Cinderella.

"You don't need a man Hope. You are a strong and independent woman." I looked down at her. her eyes were closed and looked at peace. I felt my lips lift and heart swell. My mind thinking for a second what it would be like to have a kid.

"You're right, she doesn't need a man." My heard turned to see Rebekah's head poking in. I smiled at her.

"Hey stranger." She smiled at me.

"Hey, I'm sorry, I have been busy." She replied. I nodded, leaving the room and taking the baby monitor with me. I shut the door and leaned against the wall.

"You ok?" I asked.

"Yeah..." she sighed.

"Anything I can help you with?" I asked.

"for starters, where the bloody hell is Kol?" she asked.

"Imprisoned.......by himself."

She blinked at me.

"What?" she asked.

"Yep. Think he is protecting me from himself."

She sighed, leaning against the wall.

"He does struggle with control." Rebekah murmured.

"But he won't hurt me." Rebekah looked up at me confused.

"He killed you a year ago."

I flinched a little but then took a breath in.

"Maybe because he doesn't believe in himself and neither does anyone else." I fired back. She looked taken back for a second. I saw anger and hurt flashed across her face and wondered if maybe Rebekah might rip my throat out or snap my neck.

"You're right." She said after a while. She sounded defeated.

"Bekka, it's not your fault."

"But it is. Always and forever, Nik, Elijah and I had always spoken those words together. Not once had we included Kol or Finn in them." she trailed off. I watched her, feeling my heart ache for Kol. His own family had given up on him for a time.

"Then include him now." I encouraged gently. She looked up at me. wiping a tear away and nodded.

"I will."

I smiled at her, I heard footsteps coming down the hall. Freya walked up to me.

"Ready for a lesson?" she asked.

"Lesson?" Rebekah looked between us.

"I'm learning magic." I smiled at her.

"What else have I missed?" she muttered.

Two hours later and a nice hot shower, I was walking back tot eh crypt to Kol. As I headed in, he turned to me with a smile.

"I thought you weren't coming."

"Well I did consider ditching you for favor of Klaus." I joked. We both laughed and I shuddered slightly.

"He seemed to be in a good mood today." I commented.

"Let me guess, he killed a few people."

"I would say so." I shrugged. "I think Lucien helped."

"Lucien." Kol scoffed, a scowl on his face. "He hasn't tried to woo you, has he?"

I paused for a second, looking at Kol. He looked pissed. I guess he really hated Lucien.

"If he did?" I questioned.

"I will RIP HIM TO PIECES!" Kol seethed, panting heavily. I gave him a pouting look and then smiled at him.

"Well luckily he hasn't even stepped foot in the same room as me."

Kol's anger faded as he narrowed his brown eyes at me.

"You cheeky witch."

I giggled, enjoying that Kol got protective of me. I shrugged my shoulders and the groaned, feeling the ache.

"Your sister is a tyrant."

"Which one?" Kol asked, arms folding and brow raising up.

"Freya...." I cracked my neck, trying to roll out the stiffness in my body. "Plus putting up with Klaus without Elijah is hard." I added. Elijah had still been gone. I was getting a little worried about him. Elijah was a good person and I never wanted to see him hurt. He was loyal without a fault and loved and cared deeply for his family.

"Elijah still gone?" Kol asked.

"Yeah, do you know where he went?" I asked giving Kol my full attention. Kol shook his head.

"No."