25

Chapter 25 – Every Day the Protagonist Wants to Capture Me

Chapter Title:  Into the bridal chamber

Chu Yu almost laughed out loud from the innermost depths of his heart.

The General Assembly started, presided over by the Yu Hua sect master. He gave a few polite greetings then announced the beginning of Immortal Sword Congress. The rules of the contest were fairly simple and crude: there were bamboo sticks containing the names of the disciples who were participating. Respected elders from the eight great sects will draw sticks to randomly match disciples. The winner of a match will get to keep his name tag and the loser can challenge any of the other winners. Two people will fight on one stage and there are five stages set up at the event for matches to be held simultaneously.

The elders on the podium slowly drew two names.

Chu Yu blinked and prayed ten million times that he wouldn’t have to fight Xie Xi.

“The first match – Tian Yuan Sect’s Xie Xi vs Tian Yuan Sect’s Song Jingyi.”

Xie Xi’s eyelashes quivered. Underneath, his pitch-black eyes flashed with an ice-cold glimmer.

Chu Yu was stupefied. This was extremely fortunate! Last night they had talked over and over about teaching Song Jingyi a lesson by beating him up. Now Xie Xi’s first match was with him.

Today it looks like Song Jingyi is truly s**t out of luck.

Xie Xi leaned closer to Chu Yu’s ears, so close that his lips were almost touching his earlobe. He spoke in a low voice: “Shixiong, is Song Jingyi the type who cares about his image a lot?”

The hot breath in his ear made Chu Yu vexed and weak in the knees so he pinched Xie Xi’s face and nodded: “Be careful.”

The elders of the eight great sects were all entitled to seats at a high platform. Below them was a huge space where the matches were held. Five pairs of names were read and the disciples immediately fly over on their swords.

Song Jingyi showed a lukewarm smile and walked over, looking strangely at Xie Xi: “I didn’t expect to begin with a match with a fellow disciple from my own sect. Xie Shidi, let us begin.”

Xie Xi glanced at him coolly then flew down to the middle of the event area. Song Jingyi, who had been disregarded, did not take offence and maintained a smiling expression. He flew down, landing some distance from Xie Xi. The two disciples faced each other.

Chu Yu, who felt nervous and excited, walked to the edge of the stage and was unable to take his eyes off Xie Xi. This is the first time the protagonist will fight with a cannon fodder character! Surely he will beat up that guy so badly that his own master won’t be able to recognize him! Ah! How exciting!

Before Chu Yu could get too excited, Xie Xi smiled brightly, drew Duan Xue an inch out of its scabbard, then slammed it back in. In the next moment, everyone saw the shadow of a figure flash by. Suddenly, Song Jingyi sprayed out blood from his mouth with a “Pu” and his body was kicked several feet away until he hit a wall, then slid down.

The audience was silent.

Xie Xi slowly retracted his leg. His clothes were not even the slightest bit disheveled. His long hair, along with his headband,1 was flying in the wind and the corners of his lips were turned up in a derisive sneer: “Thank you, Shixiong, for taking it easy on me.”