31

Chapter 31 – Every Day the Protagonist Wants to Capture Me
Chapter 31:  Counterattack Counterattack

(TN: Counterattack – *cough* When the uke/shou is aggressive or tries to top. Counterattack Counterattack – when the counterattack is counterattacked. Or a really strong counterattack, lol.)

Chu Yu silently shrank back then pondered for a moment. Based on the protagonist’s appearance, he was probably angry again. In other words, it’s useless to try to explain his brocon’s and close relative’s arguments to him now…

Xie Xi propped himself up with his hand on the wall behind Chu Yu and looked down at him: “Shixiong, you broke your promise.”

Chu Yu was depressed.

He was aware that when Xie Xi persuaded him to make the promise that he was being deceptive and unequal saying he would not leave. However, he supposed that if he asked about it, Xie Xi would completely go out of control.

Xie Xi was stubborn. He pinched Chu Yu’s chin, lifting it to force him to look face to face with Xie Xi: “I forbid you from leaving my line of sight.”

Chu Yu: “…”

Chu Yu was staring dismally at the other’s unclouded expression1 when he suddenly had a great idea that would allow him to deal with this emergency. Anxiously, he said: “Shidi! I haven’t seen you in ten years. Why don’t we have a drink to celebrate?”

When he mentioned drinking, Xie Xi at first seemed dumbfounded but then whatever he was thinking of made his eyes brighten. His lips showed a smile and Chu Yu seemed to see the shadow of the cheerful Xie Xi from the early days of his youth.

Chu Yu felt as though the protagonist could still be saved. He would come to his rescue!

He must not allow a bright boy to sink into a dark abyss and blacken without rhyme or reason!

Chu Yu excitedly pulled out a few earthen jars of wine from his interspatial ring. Xie Xi graciously withdrew and stepped aside to allow Chu Yu to quickly and neatly arrange the jars of wine and wine cups. Xie Xi cannot help but feel puzzled and asked: “Shixiong, when did you start carrying wine with you?”

Chu Yu paused and as if it were a joke gave a hollow laugh: “It was conveniently available so I bought a lot.”

After saying that, he poured out a cup of wine and handed it to Xie Xi with a genial smile.

Xie Xi looked down at the clear wine and drank it all in one mouthful.

Chu Yu prepared a drink for Xie Xi on one side while preparing chicken soup for the soul2 in his heart. “This wine has healing effects. You’re injured so drinking this will be good for you.”

Xie Xi swirled the exquisite wine in his cup and gave a smile that was yet not a smile: “This is something conveniently bought?”

Chu Yu: “Hahahahahaha. Shidi, have another drink.”

Xie Xi stared at him for a long time as he drank the wine. He didn’t speak much as Chu Yu poured wine for him to drink. After a jar of wine had been drunk, Xie Xi’s eyes began to look glazed.

Chu Yu was delighted that things were going better than he had expected: He was finally drunk!

Suddenly, the System notification sound rang out: “The number of comments has reached the threshold ~ View the barrage? ~

Why does the comment barrage always appear?!

Chu Yu was disgusted: “Do not view.”

The System continued: “Because the quantity of comments is over the limit ~ the barrage view will automatically turn on in ~ 3 ~ 2 ~ 1 ~”