Part 30

Learning magic was not as easy as I thought it would be. Worst of all, I had to siphon it, to be able to use it properly.

"Concentrate!" Freya yelled at me for the hundredth time today. I nodded, focusing on the candle that refused to light up. I let out a frustrated groan and glared at Freya.

"You gave me a dodgy candle!" I claimed, hoping that maybe I was not as bad as I thought I was.

"Really?" Freya folded her arms, eyebrow raising.

"Yes." I folded my arms too, refusing to back down. I was frustrated and tired. Trying to use magic was hard.

Freya gave one quick look and the stupid thing lit up. I scowled.

"Show off." I grumbled.

I made another frustrated sound and looked at Freya.

"This was a bad idea."

"Magic takes time. You just need to find your trigger."

"Trigger? Like a gun?" I felt confused.

Freya chuckled, shaking her head.

"Not a gun trigger but maybe centre would be a better word. I was born with magic and can feel it all around me. I use my surroundings. You are....."

"Abomination."

"Different." Freya corrected quickly. "You just need to find what works for you."

"What do we have here? Is it my birthday?" a smug voice spoke as they entered the room. My back had been turned to them. I saw Freya roll her eyes.

"Lucien....your still breathing? Can't be my birthday then." I snorted. Freya was funny and I enjoyed her company when she was not yelling at me to concentrate.

"My poor heart." Lucien said as he got closer. it was like I could feel how close he was. I turned around and just starred at him.

"Ah, the lovely Jordan..." he walked up to me, hand outstretched. Before he could touch my face. I grabbed his wrist and started to siphon. He groaned in pain, falling to his knees. A few minutes later and he was dead on the ground.

"Hmm, I thoroughly enjoyed watching that." Freya said. I grinned at her.

"I may not be able to light a stupid candle but I sure as hell can kill a 900-year-old vampire."

"And in such style." She smiled, walking over to me. she threw her arm around my shoulder. "Let's get new scenery."

We spent the next few hours reading through a few grimoires. She translated for me, I nodded, trying to take as much as this in as I could.

"I heard Kol use to be very talented with witchcraft before his turning." Freya mused.

"He holds witches in high esteem."

"I bet there is one witch he holds higher than the others." She nudged me. I smiled, feeling my heart flutter.

"I would hope so......we are linked after all."

"I totally meant me." she winked at me.

"Oh yes, the candle whisperer. All bow down." I bowed my head. She laughed.

"I can see why you have his heart." I paused, my smile falling off my face as I looked at her confused.

"It's not just Kol's heart you have either. Bekkah, Elijah and even Klaus all care for you. As do I. You are apart of our dysfunctional family."

"Well you apart of mine....hunter twin brother, doppelganger older sister. Werewolf sister too."

Freya chuckled.

"It has been a long time since I have been a part of a family."

I listened as Freya explained her tragic background. How her aunt had taken her away from her family. It was like no one in their family was allowed to have a slither of happiness. I felt determination run through me. Yes, the Mikealson's have caused a lot of pain but they too deserved their own happiness.

We headed back to the compound, Lilly and Hope were outside in the courtyard.

"Where is Nik?" Freya asked.

"No idea." Lilly shrugged, eyes not moving away from Hope. Hope made a squeal of delight. My heart melted instantly.

I walked and sat beside Lilly, leaning on her shoulder.

"Hey." I whispered.

"Hey." She turned and smiled at me before turning back to Hope. Freya had gone inside, searching for her other family members.

"What did Jackson want?" I asked. Lilly leaned closer to me.

"There is talk of the witches gathering, making another strike at the Mikealson's" I blinked, feeling my mind swirling. The witches were yet again planning another war. Had they not lost enough?

"Klaus pissed them off, I don't really blame them. though I do want Hope to have her father around."

"He is growing on you." I nudged her with a smile.

"Say that again and I will BITE you." Lilly threatened with a growl. I chuckled and kissed her temple.

"He has his moments." I assured her. Klaus had gotten a lot better since the birth of Hope. Those he considered his, he fought for. I was lucky that we had kind of bonded of both being abominations. He had even gifted me the painting he had painted the other night of New Orleans. I had hung it up in my room, smiling every time I looked at it.

Lilly handed me Hope and we made our way back inside.

"I must say, my demise at your hands was very interesting." I felt my eyes roll to the back of my head.

"Keep walking, if we ignore it, it will go away." Lilly said. My lips tugged up when I heard Lucien scowl.

"I will not be ignored."

"Do you hear anything?" Lilly asked casually, looking around.

"Nope." I shook my head, looking down at Hope with a smile. "Was that you?" I asked her in a baby voice. Hope made a small squeal of delight.

"She is definably my girl. Look how cute she is." Lilly cooed. Hope reached out to Lilly, smiling. I had to admit, for a baby Hope was growing fast. Handing Hope over, Lilly took her to their room, getting ready to bathe her. I walked, feeling Lucien beside me.

"If you don't leave me alone, a repeat of early will happen." I smiled at him before continuing.

"I am very curious as to what that was. I have never come across anything like that."

"Lucky you."

That was interesting, Lucien had never come across a siphoner before. I could not be the only one because there was writing of what I was. that had to mean there were others. I wonder if there are any more around. Maybe I could find someone, maybe they could help me.