slumber in class

The class seemed to dimmer down to complete silence almost immediately as Professor Snape burst through the oak doors, it almost sounded as if the hinges would snap right off, but fortunately they didn't

Class was particularly easy for you, because you forced yourself to study for it, too scared of failing or getting picked on by Snape you decided to go to the libraries ever free period you had to study, it really paid off too, because most of the things he taught you already knew, this whole lesson was going to be about werewolves that you already taught yourself to the maximum about three days ago during your lunch break.

But doing all of this studying you forgotten that you actually needed to fit sleep in your schedule, which you didn't do at all, you mean, you had short naps during the night but nothing special.

The reason you forced yourself to study was that, in fact, you were really terrified of Professor Snape, he was scarier up close, he liked to look down at his students and never look away from their eyes, it's like he fed on the fear and the uncomfortableness of anyone he spoke too, his tall figure and broad shoulders and dark attire made it extremely hard to miss him.

The funny thing was you never actually spoke to him, and during your seventh year at Hogwarts especially in the Slytherin house, you never talked to him once, sure you made anxious eye contact but you looked away and never looked back after that.

The class seemed to bore on in silence after reading the textbook for about ten minutes before you actually realised you had zoned out, focusing your eyes back on your partners work who you didn't care to know, you pretended to read the words you had already read before.

Snape was sat straight in his chair, hoping that the class would listen to his strict rules, and they did, he had a quill in his hand and parchment paper laid out in front of him, his dark eyes were fixed and concentrated in whatever he was doing. You found yourself staring, as much as he completely terrified you he was interesting to look at, to try to work out.

When suddenly his eyes flickered up off his parchment and directly to you, as if he knew you were looking at him, quickly you shuddered your eyes away to pretend that nothing happened, hesitantly dipping your quill in the pot of ink next to you to copy the key phrases from the book.

Glimpsing up you saw that his eyes were back on his work, thank god. His stare was always painful to maintain, you are never good at eye contact, ever since you were a child your father used to yell at you to always look him in the eyes, and still to this day you couldn't.

Resting you head in your turned palm you hadn't noticed that you closed your eyes, you were rather tired, it couldn't be bad to just shut them for five minutes? Could it?

Closing your eyes you still held the now dried quill in your hand, your fingers slowly relaxing as you found yourself loosing consciousness, you did nothing to stop this, you were sure you could wake yourself up.