CHAPTER 0•07

The Spirit of Competition

The Fire Ferrets were all working together in the arena's training room while Dawn was watching and coaching them on their footwork and teamwork for their last game to win the championship. They were working really hard, and with Korra being back on the team, the two girls kinda worked everything out for them to still be in the same room and not rip at each other's throats. Dawn was still angry with the Avatar, but for Bolin and Mako, she would calm down her anger and focus on their match, wanting what was best for the boys and her friends.

As they were all in a circle, throwing everything they had at each other, they ended up knocking everyone on the floor as they laughed when they got up to see everyone on their butts. "It's been nice having you at so many back-to-back practices, Korra." Mako said as he got up and removed his helmet.

"Feels good to be back, although Tarrlok isn't too happy about my leave of absence." Korra said and Dawn rolled her eyes at that.

"Hey, you joined the Fire Ferrets before you joined his task force." Bolin stated while Dawn nods her head.

"And let's not forget to mention that he's a little weird." Dawn said as Bolin smirked at this and nods his head in agreement.

"Okay, come on. Team huddle time." Mako commanded and they all gathered together and placed their heads on top of each other. What was weird was Bolin gave large puppy dog eyes to Korra, Korra staring loving at Mako, and then Mako staring into Dawn's eyes while she looked at everyone as she was confused about the love circle going on.

"Ahem. It's our first match of the tournament tonight. I know the four of us haven't been a team for very long, but even so, the Fire Ferrets have never been this good. Are we ready?" Mako asked while everyone cheered.

"We're ready!" Bolin, Dawn, and Korra yelled as footsteps could be heard.

"Not quite. You'll need these." Asami said and held up their new uniforms.

"Hey, Asami." Mako greeted while Dawn was the first one to catch her into a hug.

"I can't thank you enough, Asami." She breathed out, laughing as Mako raised an eyebrow.

"Hey, don't try to steal her from me." Mako teased as Dawn punched his arm and he made a face while rubbing it. "Ouch." He muttered.

"Good morning, sweetie." Asami said to Mako, Dawn leaving them as she walked back over to Bolin and Korra.

"These new uniforms look great." Mako complimented.

"You look great, Champ." Asami teased and they laughed softly while rubbing nose and Korra gagged and Dawn made a face while they looked at each other and giggled.

They teased the couple by exaggerating what they did. "Oooh, Mako you're so handsome." She teased and Korra and her rubbed noses like they did and Bolin laughed.

"Well, teammates, I'll see you before the match tonight. Asami and I have a lunch date." Mako said and the protector giggled.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't." She smirked and Asami scoffed.

"Dawn, you would everything in the book if you could." She teased and made the girl blush as Asami laughed and walked away, making the girl look back at Bolin and Korra.