[53]

"This hasn't happened in a while

"This hasn't happened in a while." Jeno exclaimed in a cozy tone, leaning back in his chair as he popped another bottle open.

It was a rather warm evening, the light breeze running through the freshly green leaves. Just a few days ago, the house unanimously decided to create an outdoor porch area for the members to enjoy. It was made up of a wooden platform, with a large table, 8 comfortable chairs with pillows and Christmas lights hanging from the metallic tubes over their heads. The space was enjoyably warm and cozy and the few members seated casually sipped on their drinks.

It was just the 00 liners as well as Mark enjoying some nice alcoholic beverages such as beer, soju and cheap wine and were simply enjoying each other's company.

"Taeyong mentioned another mission happening soon. Anything on that, Mark?" Renjun turned towards the elder boy.

"Something about the Phantoms being a pain in the ass again." Mark grunted, his mood immediately becoming gloomy. "Some of the other members convinced Taeyong that we should also wreck havoc on their base because of what they did to ours."

"I'm all for that." Yangyang voiced his agreement. "It's not like they don't deserve it." 

"Wait, what happened...?" Shotaro asked very quietly, shyly avoiding eye contact with no one in particular.

"Ugh guys, can we for once not talk about this and just enjoy ourselves?" Jaemin whined, glaring at everyone.

The short and comfortable silence that ensued showed everyone's agreement, as they simply looked out into the creepy forest.

But Donghyuck's mind was somewhere else. The way Soomin had acted today seemed... off.

It's not that there was anything in particular that was off. She was smiling, walking around and talking to everyone, enjoying her alone time doing whatever in his room. But he had noticed the way that she spent a tiny bit longer by herself out on the porch, how her smile would immediately drop as soon as she turned away from whoever she was talking to and her tired voice as she spoke. It all just did not seem right with him. 

And for once, he let himself freely think about her without scolding himself afterwards. 

But as Donghyuck sipped and sipped on more liquor, his vision started becoming hazy and he was drifting off into a tipsy state. But he didn't even get the chance to get drunk when suddenly blurry and distant memories slowly approached his mind, before attacking him quickly like a literal slap to the face. 

"Are you still tipsy?" She asked warily
...
"Yuna..." He breathed out.
...
"Huh, what are you saying?"
"I'm so sorry, it was all my fault. But please stay, please... please never leave me again." He sobbed out desperately.
...
"Hyuck, I'm really not understanding y-" 
"I love you."

And before Soomin could say anything else, Donghyuck's hands raised up to her face, wrapping around her jaw and neck and he pulled her towards him, causing their lips to collide.

Donghyuck's face turned as white as chalk, instantly sobering up. This didn't go unnoticed by his close friends who took one look at him and warily put down their drinks.

"Uhh, man are you okay?" Jeno leaned over as he sat right next to him, yet Donghyuck didn't even flinch at the invasion of his personal space.

"Dude you look like you just saw a ghost." Yangyang chuckled nervously, just as confused as the others.

"Should I go get Kun or..." Mark trailed off, also realizing.

But he didn't have to and they all almost jumped away as Donghyuck's face began falling forwards, hitting onto the wooden table creating a loud thud.

"Yo, what's happening to him?" Renjun asked in bewilderment, finally looking over in concern. 

"I messed up." Donghyuck muttered lowly, mind plagued by the memory repeating over and over again.

"What?"

"I did something so fucking bad..." He continued muffling, barely audibly enough for his friends to hear.

"What did you do?" Jaemin asked confused.

Donghyuck straightened up again, the same ghostly expression remaining on his face as he stared off towards the forest, too ashamed to face anyone.

"I think I kissed Soomin the last time I got drunk." 

A silence followed as everyone kind of froze for a few short seconds.

"Oh...okay."

Donghyuck snapped to look at Renjun sitting beside him, who did not seem shocked by that at all.

"What?"
"I'm not even surprised." Jeno added on, just casually pouring himself a drink.

"Wait, I thought they were together?" Shotaro asked and he seemed to be the only one confused, but for the wrong reason.

Donghyuck scoffed, leaning back in his chair. "You all are incredible." He exclaimed, shaking his head. 

"Isn't that a good thing? I thought you liked her." Jaemin sipped on his drink whilst looking at his friend with curiosity.

"I-" Donghyuck began but immediately became quiet.

Just a few weeks ago his answer would've easily been 'no'. That word was at the tip of his tongue, ready to be let out. But he just couldn't say it. He was unconsciously holding back.

His heart began racing, the embarrassment painting the tips of his ears a bright reddish color.

"Good thing to know." Jaemin exclaimed with a soft smile.

And then the evening went on, as if none of this happened at all. 

FHSFSIDF "90'S LOVE" IS SO FKN GOOD!!! HYUCK HIT SO MANY HIGH NOTES I CAN'T-