XV

Gabi

Gabi

"Seryoso ka ba?"

Ashanti looked at her with a raised brow. "Do I look like I'm joking?"

"Gagawin mo lang akong pain sa kanila." Umirap si Gabi. She chuckled. "You don't have to say something. Just sit and watch."

Calista was busy pouring her visitors the tea she made when she caught them looking in one direction with confusion on their faces. She then gazed with them then nearly dropped the crystal kettle.

She saw Ashanti and a friend walking towards them.

What are they doing here?

Calista closed her eyes and let out a sigh. Ashanti smiled at them, and the two other girls smiled back that made her more irritated.

"Good afternoon, I didn't know there's a small gathering here in the mansion. Isn't it bad to not invite your sister, Cali?" Ashanti then looked at her.

Calista gave her an apologetic smile. "I'm so sorry, sis. I thought you're still sick so I didn't bother to tell you anymore."

"Yes. Too bad, I'm now alright." Ashanti put a grin on her face, sealed her eyes at Calista. "But looks like me and my friend are being an intruder at your little party. We'll just go back inside."

"Buti alam mo."

They all turned their head to the woman on Calista's side. The woman had a grumpy expression while looking back at the two. Gabi raised her eyebrow. This event was a tea party. In a noble society, a tea party for women should be elegant and only for elites. What the woman presently acting was not a good example at the place. Ashanti then turned her sight at Calista.

"Hindi ko naman alam na nag-iimbita ka rin ng mga kasambahay. Ano kayang sasabihin ng mga tao kapag nakita 'to?" She then put her palm on her mouth. "A Rossault not obeying the regulations of a tea party."

Reasonably, Calista was not a pure noble after all. Nakakahiya.

The other women were stunned by what she said, then looked at Calista and Victoria. The anxiousness was plastered on their faces as if they were worried about their status in society because of what was happening.

"Victoria, you shouldn't be like that. Miss Ashanti and Miss Gabi are from prestigious families. You should treat them like how you treat Calista."

"Calista, it's okay for them to join, right? I mean, you said you didn't invite her because she's ill, but now, she's fine. Am I right?" At natuon na lamang ang kanilang mata kay Calista.