8 - quidditch

On Saturday morning, the students of Hogwarts filed out of the castle, over the grounds, heading towards the Quidditch stadium.

It was the opening match of the year, Gryffindor versus Slytherin, which obviously Harry and Ron would be playing in. Before the boys headed to the pitch, Hermione and Athena gave their good luck.

"You'll be fine Ron,"Athena said, clinging onto Ron's arm as they neared the pitch. Lavender Brown was hanging onto the other rather territorially, pulling Ron towards her.

"Yes you'll be amazing, sweetheart! Absolutely amazing!"she gushed, sweeping her hand through his hair. "Good luck Won Won, my sweet love!" And she rushed off up the stairs to the stands.

"She's driving me up the bloody wall,"he huffed under his breath, making Athena chuckle.

"Malfoy's not playing,"Harry said, sounding concerned for some reason.

"What? Why?"Hermione asked.

"Probably something to do with him being a death eater,"he said quietly so only the four of them could hear.

Athena choked on her own breath. Hermione and Ron didn't seem to react in the same way. She had obviously missed something between the three of them.

"A what?"Athena asked, astonished. "Where would you get an idea like that?"

Harry briefly told her of his theory about Draco being a death eater, which Hermione disregarded while Ron was too nervous about the game to pay much attention to the conversation.

"That's ridiculous! He can't be a-"

"Shhhh!"Harry interrupted.

"Sorry,"she whispered. But before she could say anything else, him and Ron ran off to join the rest of the Gryffindor team.

"Remind me to find Slughorn later. I need to ask him about this theory which annoyingly I'm stuck with. I've looked through all of the books in the library and I just can't seem to..."Hermione rambled. Athena nodded and smiled as if she was listening but couldn't concentrate on anything Hermione was currently saying, as well as her lack of care for whatever it was.

The girls entered the stands and took their places. Athena scanned the Hufflepuff crowd trying to identify where Cedric was sat but he didn't seem to be there yet.

Coming from behind her, she felt a hand gently slap her shoulder. She turned around to see Isaac Shire beaming down at her, red and gold stripes painted on his cheeks.

"Alright Greene?" he asked. "Potter's playing isn' he?"

Athena nodded and smiled in response and turned back around to face the game, only swivelling around when Isaac had something to say to her.

Despite her rushing mind with what Harry had just told her, she tried to relax and enjoy the game. Though this was rather hard to do when everyone around her was shouting and screaming. She started yelling towards the game like everyone else in an attempt to distract and clear her thoughts.

Although Athena didn't play Quidditch, she had a pretty good understanding of it. She could figure out the technique and skills but couldn't put them into practice. This became very clear to her after last Christmas, at the Burrow when they played a few rounds of Quidditch.