5: hufflepuff gone wrong (c.c.)

imagine:
you're a hufflepuff who just murdered someone to avenge your sister and tom helps you out

___________

"what have i done..." you trembled, your breath shuddering as you watched the blood of your sister's killer drip down to your bare feet.

You planned this since day one, the moment you had heard about the death, and since then, your bloodlust had been uncontrollable. You were feared amongst the people you were surrounded by, until you had enrolled into Hogwarts, where the sorting hat had sorted you into Hufflepuff. Although you lost your sense of superiority and respect from others, it gave you time to meticulously scheme the murder.

Now all you had to do was hide the body.

You stood in the middle of the forbidden forest, alone and cold. It didn't occur to you that you needed more than just a shovel to dig him a grave, so you froze in the dark, panicking. Suddenly, you heard a subtle crack of twigs and crinkled leaves from behind you. You felt your blood rushing as you grasped onto your wand tighter, ready to say the two forbidden words.

"Y/N?" a familiar male voice spoke, breaking the intense silence. Slowly, you turned back to see the infamous Tom Riddle-head boy and prefect, slughorn's precious student. "What are you doing?"

You opened your mouth to explain what looked like murder before his eyes, but all that came out of your mouth was a gasp for air.

I'm so fucked, you thought.

"...do you need help hiding the body, Y/N?" Tom asked, his voice gentle and soft that you could barely hear from metres away. Your eyes widened in surprise, expecting at least a blackmail but this was something you don't expect from someone of such perfect reputation.

Deep down you had a feeling his whole good boy routine was a facade.

"Where to?" you asked, sighing tiredly as you wiped the sweat dripping off your forehead.

He smirked, drawing closer to the body when he began giving out a suspicious look. "A murderer amongst the Hufflepuff community? Now that's something you don't see everyday."

"Get used to it, Riddle," you scoffed, "the word patience used to describe Hufflepuffs can be quite vague, sometimes."

"I never thought I'd ever see myself admiring a mudblood's work, let alone a Hufflepuff," he smiled. His blue orbs glistened in the dark as subtle rays of moonlight gently rested on the skins of you and the tall, slender man.

"Now," he sighed, "is he completely dead?"

"I wouldn't know, I just want him to suffer," you shrugged.

Tom Riddle was meticulous when it came to work. Any sort of work he would be absolutely precise and careful, and it was one of his many traits that had helped him successfully murder without a trace of evidence leading back to him.

He squatted down to the body, carefully observing any sorts of indication that the man was possibly still alive. Gazing at his chest and his nose, Tom could still hear some form of breathing that kept the man alive-and he was glad he did.

"He's dead," Tom spoke, breaking the silence once again. "I'll take care of it from here, you can trust me."

"Are you sure?" you asked worriedly, "you're not gonna snitch, are you?"

He let out a small chuckle, then slowly turning back to you with a smile, "of course, not. I'd never let my favourite Hufflepuff get expelled, or anywhere near Azkaban."

Although you were free to go at that point, you felt it was only right to make sure the body was completely untraceable. Maybe a small part of you wanted to watch Tom Riddle, famous intelligent teacher's pet, do all the dirty work, but nevertheless make sure it looked like you were never there.

"Tom, I'd like to stay," you said softly, knowing he would probably get annoyed. Surprisingly, he didn't.

"Stay, then."

His eyes were still glued to the body as he began to think of the many subtle ways to kill the man without making it look like it was intentional or to make you feel unsatisfied in any way, considering it was your kill and had been for the longest time.

You watched him as his mind wandered around, admiring his features that were illuminated by the gentle rays of the light from above. You hadn't noticed many things about him back when you were in his classes; the way he pondered; the way his fingers would run through his thick curls as he was in deep thought; his robe never being scrunched up; how he'd bite his lips at times.

You weren't exactly catching feelings for the prefect now, were you?

You couldn't.

He knew too much.

And although Tom Riddle seemed completely occupied by his thoughts and schemes, he could still feel your admiration and feelings towards him grow at every second, and he couldn't help but smile at the thought of that.

"Make sure he's completely dead-avada kedavra!" he cursed, his wand swinging towards to the body. For a second, it faltered at the curse, then the body barely moved.

He smiled gloriously, then gazing down to you with a satisfied look plastered on his face. You didn't know how to feel about Tom Riddle being the one to utterly rip his soul out of his body, but you were satisfied at the thought of you at least being the one to contribute to majority of his pain.

"Join me, Y/N," he gazed into your e/c eyes. "Become one of us."

"Wh-what do you mean?" you stuttered, confused at his words.

He slowly drew closer to you, his fingers gently caressing your soft cheeks, when he pulls your waist closer to him.

"Join me, and we can rule this godforsaken world together."

____________