Wedding

I woke up to the sound of the wooden floors creaking. It was still dark outside and Ginny, Hermione, and Fleur were all still asleep. The footsteps continued making it's way down the hallway and down the staircases. It was too late at night for anyone to be awake just walking around.

I got up quietly tip-toeing out my room. Harry and Ron's room were opened, neither of them were inside. I walked down the stairs to the living room to find the door was left opened. Not too far away, I could see Ron walking up towards Harry who was walking somewhere aimlessly.

"For you? You think Mad-Eye died for you? You think George took that curse for you? You may be the Chosen One, mate, but this is a whole lot bigger than that. It's always been bigger than that," Ron said. Harry only stared at him, not replying for a moment.

"Come with me," Harry said after a long pause.

"And leave without Hermione and Evelyn? Are you mad? We wouldn't last two days without them," Ron replied laughing slightly. Was Harry really planning on leaving everybody and go find all the horcruxes by himself? Leaving me?

"So you're just gonna leave like that?" I said crossing my arms and walking up towards him, "You're only exposing yourself to more danger. These horcruxes, they're bits of his soul, bits of him. If you find the horcruxes and destroy them one by one, he'll feel it. He'll know he's being hunter and you're only doing him a favor traveling alone."

"She's right you know, Tonight's not the night, mate," Ron added on.

"Besides, we still have the wedding," I said.

"Wedding?" Harry said furrowing his eyebrows.

"Bill and Fleur. Mom's been planning it for months. Only thing that's kept her sane, I reckon. She's been accepting Fleur. She'll kill me if I miss it. Kill you too. Rather go face to face with you know who," Ron said laughing slightly.

"I don't care about a bloody wedding. No matter whose it is. I have to start searching for horcruxes. It's the only chance we have to beat him. And the longer we wait the stronger he gets," Harry said frustrated.

"And if you leave... What about me?" I said choking on my words a bit. Harry stared at me not saying anything once again.

"I'll... Just go," Ron said awkwardly before walking back inside the burrow leaving Harry and I alone.

"I can't put you into more danger than I already have," Harry said sighing.

"You're the only thing that's keeping me from just giving up Harry. If you leave, I have to live my life without you wondering if you'll ever be back. Wondering if you're okay, where you are, if you're... Alive."

"I've watched all my loved ones die in front of me. I don't want to even risk you dying because of me."

"How would you know if I'm dead or alive if you're not by my side? When you left with Dumbledore to find a horcrux, I felt like I was dying. I didn't know if you'd make it back. If you leave, I have to feel that same pain over and over again waiting for your return which may even never come."

"I promise I'll come back to you."

"But what if you don't? I'll be in constant pain and just give up on everything- Lose hope," I said tearing up slightly. He looked at me, unable to say anything else.

"Please don't leave, if you are, then take me with you," I said letting a tear roll down my face.

"I'll always stay by your side. Always," Harry said walking over and hugging me, "I love you Evelyn."

"I love you too Harry," I whispered holding on to him. He pulled away slightly, lifting my chin delicately, and leaned in to kiss me.

~***~