Draco's thoughts - Part 10

Recap:

Draco's POV:

I upset her, simply by not giving in to her affection. I shouldn't have done that, i should have just got off her. She can't become affectionate or loving or anything towards
me because if she does, she'll break my heart

...

The next day:
Draco's POV:
She hasn't called. She hasn't texted. Not a trace of her.

I know i shouldn't have said anything. I know i should have sent her home. I know that i shouldn't be involved with her at all, but i can't help it. I'm draw to her like a moth to a flame. She pulls me in like i'm tied by a rope. It's not fair for me to love such a pure and beautiful being.

Ugh i shouldn't be thinking of her. Especially first thing in the morning.

It took me a few moments to get up and head to the bathroom. I turned on my shower. Slowly, I leant on the sink surface and looked in the mirror, i let out a small sigh. My hair a mess, my face dropping. Ugh that girl she really changes me

I took off my boxer that i slept in and got into my shower. For 30 minutes i stayed in the shower, washing and eventually just thinking. Some way through i forgot i was even in the shower.
What brought me back to reality was my mom banging on my bathroom door shouting my name.

"Draco!! Draco!! You have 20 minutes before you need to go!! Hurry up!!" Her voice echoed and caused me to quickly turn off my shower and grab a towel.  I wrapped it round my waist. I walked to the door and responded
"yeah, i'll be ready! Give me five minutes"
I heard my moms footsteps click on the floor get quieter meaning she was leaving my room. I sighed to myself. Really? Of all days. Today was an important one i thought to myself.

I quickly got dried off and put together a simple outfit: black jeans, white shirt and a black denim jacket. I blow dried my hair and styled it back. With one quick check through in the mirror i grabbed my watch, phone and wallet. While walking down the stairs i threw my watch on my wrist.

My mother was waiting at the front door for me. She looked quite annoyed but today i really didn't care. I shrugged it off. I grabbed my bag from her and walked out the front door not saying a word to her.

I made my way swiftly into Diagon alley. I had a job interview at one of the stores in order to make some money during this retake year. I kept checking the name on my phone "snakeskin bar. Snakeskin bar. Snakeskin bar" i mumbled repeatedly to myself. I wondered up and down the streets til i came across the bar. It was located on a corner . It was a tall wooden structure, with the design of a snake curling round it. The door was wide and had a steal handle shaped like a snakes head.

I slowly walked inside and looked around. It was 11am, luckily nobody was there. There were countless empty tables all with snakeskin prints on the chairs. The bar was one of the longest i've ever seen and it has large pillars either side. The stools were fancy and the back of the bar was filled with drinks and glasses of all sorts. Then out from the bar popped a shortish man. His hair grey and his face rounded. He looked all around a friendly guy. He was wearing some suspenders with a bow tie.

"Are you master Malfoy?" He said cheerfully to me with one of the jolliest smiles i've ever seen. I nodded and extended my hand to shake his, which thankfully he took. "Welcome to the snakeskin bar. I really appreciate your help here" his tone was the sweetest and he spoke so clearly.

"I appreciate you allowing me to work here" i said back giving him my most grateful smile.

"Yes well well, to start you off lightly with the job you'll help out by keeping the shelves stocked and cleaning the glasses the come back to the bar" he smiled as he began to wonder around the bar, he pointed at many things as he filled me in on the safety procedures and the set up of the bar.

Once that was done i said my goodbyes and headed back out into diagon alley. It felt good to not be first hand judged for being a Malfoy. He really didn't mind who i was. As i walked back home i saw many people from school grabbing bits and pieces from the shops. They clearly had lost their supplies in the war...the war...god i hate that memory.

As i got home i placed my bag down by the door and made my way to my room. I began to organise my things as a way to distract myself, but it didn't work.

God she was playing on my mind so much. It's like she has poisoned it. She doesn't know how much she affects me and she probably never will. Why did i mess it up, why couldn't i jus-

"Drwaco?" The adorable voice of my little sister brought me back to reality.

"Yes lex?" I turned to her and smiled "how can i help you?"

She climbed up onto my bed struggling as she did and left her feet swinging off the edge
"Drwaco, can we go play outside?" She asked me looking up at me.

I quickly turned to check the weather from my window. It didn't look too good out there. The sky was filled with dark grey clouds but it wasn't currently raining.
"Maybe if the sky clears lex, okay? And if it doesn't, we'll watch a movie" I said to her hoping this deal would work. Her eyes lit up and she beamed nodding her head vigorously.

I gave her a nod and she jumped down from the bed and ran out the room loving the deal i made. I sighed in relief. And went back to my oh so successful distraction. Why did it have to be like this?

———————————————————————————————
Hellooo, i'm back. I'm almost finished with my exams right now and i plan to try and write more. I know i always say that but this time i want to.

I also have another story on this account called "against the tide" that i wish to write and another story called "the night creatures". Those books i feel would be really fun to write with the concepts in mind. And maybe i'll move a third new book project onto here also.

I really hope that if i publish these books you'll have a try and read them.

I know this chapter wasn't very lexi focused and i don't think the next one is either but we have so many characters and plots to explore so by all means please enjoy.

Please let me know anything you want to see in this book.

I really appreciate the 100k reads and 1.14k votes!! Just wow thank you so much. For this book only having 10 parts now thats amazing. And i'm really thankful to be 2# on the lexi tag.

I love you guys 💞💞