XXVIII - Sage

I don't like drama but I'm about to add some to keep this book lively. Y'all go' hate me.

The wheels are turning in my head and hearts are about to be broken.

"Yo Sage," Alijah called to Sage making her roll her eyes, "mom, dad and I are about to head out

"Yo Sage," Alijah called to Sage making her roll her eyes, "mom, dad and I are about to head out. Later Kentrell, you're a real nigga."

Kentrell laughed before getting off the bed where he was sitting to dap Alijah up. Alijah was his nigga for sure. Sage only waved and told Alijah bye.

"You going outta town next week right? About to visit your grandma for your birthday week?" Sage asked pushing her feet into Kentrell's lap for him to massage.

"Yeah," Kentrell smiled lazily at her, "I'ma use all my sick days. A nigga ain't see his grandma in a year."

"When you reach tell her I said hi," Kentrell nodded and began to massage Sage's toes.

"What you getting a nigga for his birthday?" Kentrell asked throwing her foot off him and getting up to wash his hands.

"When you get it you'll know. Matter of fact, when do you want your gift? Today or the week after your birthday?"

"Today for sure. I don't know if I'ma live to see next week or the week after."

"Kentrell shut the hell up. You ain't go' die," Sage cut her eyes at him and turned her tv on.

"Tomorrow ain't promised," he took the remote from her clicking on Never Have I Ever in Netflix.

"Haven't you watched this before?" Sage asked annoyed as she wanted to watch Stranger Things.

"No ma'am," he looked over at her and licked his lips before turning back to face the tv, "Netflix is a luxury I can't afford."

"Oh," Sage replied feeling bad.

"Anyway cover your eyes," she got up off the bed, "I'm going for your gift."

Kentrell let out a low squeal making Sage roll her eyes. Sage stopped and peaked around the door of her closet to see if Kentrell's eyes were still closed. Surprisingly they were.

She came from out of her closet and stood in front of him.

"Open your eyes," she watched as Kentrell opened his eyes slowly and moved and his hand to his mouth. A tear also rolled down his cheek.

"This-this for me," Kentrell spluttered as he struggled to gather his words.

"Yeah," Sage smiled and handed the box to Kentrell.

Kentrell took the box from Sage and put it in on the bed before grabbing the back of her head and placing a long kiss on her lips.

"Ewww," Sage said with a low smile, "don't put your nasty lips on me."

"Says the girl who let me take her virginity," Kentrell muttered lowly but Sage still heard him. Sage's hand flew to the back of his head.

"Ow," he cried out, "but thank you for this Sage. You don't understand how much this means to me. I won't have this type of money to buy you something this expensive so all I have to offer is friendship."

"Kentrell just shut the hell up," Sage rolled her eyes.

"You bought me a fucking PS5 Sage. How can I shut the hell up," he placed another kiss on her lips.

"Kentrell," she warned, "I got a nigga. We can't be doing this anymore."

"Sorry Sage," he apologized, "it won't happen again."

Sage only nodded before laying back in her bed and snapping him fangirling over his PS5.

"I'ma get you something better for your birthday Sage," Kentrell said making Sage lift her head from her phone to look at him.

"I told you that it's ok. Don't go out of your way to get something more expensive and end up in debt. You got more important things to worry about. Take the money and put it towards college."

"Sage this fuck-," Kentrell paused as tears rolled down his cheeks, "nobody ain't never done shit like this for me before."

Sage laughed, "I know. You can stop praising me now. I didn't expect giving my best friend a PS5 would bring so much tears."

"Of course," he opened the box and pulled it out taking some time to marvel at the beauty of it, "I'ma marry you one day Miss Anders."

"Bro shut the hell up and get into the bed. I got someone else planning to marry me and Sage Anders-Lewis doesn't sound good."

"Well not as good as Sage Anders-Salaam," Sage mumbled under her breath.

Kentrell placed the PS5 back in it's box before jumping into bed beside Sage.

"Thanks again Sage," he whispered closing his eyes.

••••••

I don't like drama but y'all needed something and the book is moving slow. I'm about to speed it up. Y'all like Kentrell again?

Make sure to vote, comment and share.

SinSomeMore

November 18, 2020