Chapter 13, Old Feelings

September 16th, 2008

Aaron's POV

    "Knock Knock." I hear, as Haley walks into my office. I see her smile wide, and I question why she's so happy. I smile, and Haley comes and sits on the opposite side of the desk.

    "Hi Honey, why are you so happy." I ask, and I look out into the bullpen. I notice that Spencer isn't here. He must've left for a little while, since he's caught up on his paperwork.

    "Since my parents wanted to spend time with Jack, I decided to go shopping. I ran into Cassie at the boutique on fourth, and we chatted for a moment. She's coming over for dinner tonight. So, please be home by six." She exclaims, and I quickly get up and shut the door, and the blinds.

    "You what?! Haley, why?" I ask, getting angry. She clearly doesn't know what happened last night.

    "She's coming for dinner, end of story. You seemed so happy to see her, and you didn't get her number. So, when I saw her I got it. Why are you so mad? She was your best friend, Aaron." She replies.

    I start pacing, and I rub my temples with my fingers. "I made it seem that way, because it wasn't a good time. All we did was yell! She threw it in my face that I wasn't the one that contacted her. That if I really wanted to find her, I would've because of where I work. She's moved on, Haley." I say madly, but trying to remain as calm as I can be.

    "Aaron, clearly she didn't if she agreed to dinner. C'mon, one night, and if it's a disaster then we won't have to see her ever again." Haley says, walking toward me with a mellow expression on her face.

    I sigh, not wanting to have this dinner. Well, not with Haley there."Fine. If this goes bad-" I start, but then get interrupted by Haley.

    "Shh, it won't I swear. Now get back to work, Mister. I love you, and I'll see you later." Haley says, and makes her way to the door.

    I follow her and give her a kiss. "I love you too." I say, as we part from the kiss. She opens the door, and she leaves. I know everyone is watching her walk out, thinking it's not a good thing. However, I didn't care.

    I keep my office door open, and walk back to my desk. I had paperwork to finish, but the only thing on my mind was that dinner. I reopened my blinds, and I saw Spencer entering the office. He has a cheeky grin on his face. That's odd.

    Instead of sitting back down at my desk, I decided to get some coffee. Where we kept it in the bullpen, I'd have to walk past everyone. Most of the time, when the team sees me they shut up. Let's hope they don't.

    As I walked into the bullpen, the team was focused on Spencer. "What happened to you, Reid?" Prentiss asked. I walked by, trying to overhear the conversation, but I only heard parts.