- 𝟎𝟏

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     BEAMS OF light tore through the tent that rosaline was laying in. the early morning brought the echoes of chirping birds throughout camp. her sleeping figure was plopped in the corner, breathing up and down ever so slowly. the girl's brown hair was all over the place, quite frizzy due to fussing around so much at night.

     nightmares had taunted her since the world had turned into a never-ending graveyard and a battle for survival. the horrors of her childhood as well as the early events of a few weeks before also redeeming themselves in terrorizing her.

     she woke up with a shaky start, gasping and panting for breath as if she was being suffocated by the monsters in her dream themselves. however, that proved to fade into a memory as she sat up and rubbed her tired eyes.

     no one got very much sleep, but she was one of the few that was restless always falling in and out of sleep at night. never had she dared to complain about it though. rosaline had been blessed with a safe place to sleep and some warm food provided by her fellow campers every day.

     she was grateful for that.

     the sounds of hurried footsteps made her look around. rosaline was left alone in the tent. no signs of lori and carl or rhaegar.

     had the children begun playing outside already along with rhaegar? lori wouldn't let them play without breakfast. she must've missed it or lori was busy.

     sighing and shuffling her feet over the mattress, rosaline stood up and began to dress up for the following day.

     usually, all that she wore were long sleeve tops and black jeans with a belt that held all her weapons in. although, she had noticed that the day seemed particularly hot and stuffed a plain black halter top on that shane had scavenged for her. to go with that, she put on some black leggings and combat boots. also, she gave her hair a quick brush and braided it.

     before exiting the tent to go and eat, she made sure that her revolver was fully equipped with ammo and her curved knife was in its place. a few moments later she exited the tent.

     the camp seemed somewhat peaceful with a nice atmosphere, dale was on top of the rv where he usually spent his time as a lookout. morales' family were helping out with tasks and amy was talking to the other women that lived in the camp.

     today though, a few people were missing. glenn, andrea, t-dog, jacqui, merle, and morales himself.

     the day before, a supply run to atlanta had been planned. rosaline volunteered to take part in it but lori refused to let her go. rosa, remaining level headed did not bother to argue and cause controversy in the group. besides she liked to stay behind to look for herbal plants. rosaline used to have a love for medicine before the apocalypse.